- Involvement in the total program with willingness to help in all areas as needed, including dining room, outdoor/indoor activities, children with problems, daily assembly, etc.
- Promote observance of the moral and ethical codes affecting participants and staff.
- Attend and contribute to Program Leadership & General Staff Meetings.
- Responsible for sharing with your immediate supervisor, all matters of mutual concern relating to the total welfare of the Program.
- Responsible to complete Orientation Sessions and attend all parent meetings.
- Responsible for the leadership and guidance of assigned campers and your assigned staff.
- Assume responsibility for the health, cleanliness, good habits, welfare and happiness of all participants and staff, but especially those under your direct supervision.
- Maintain a high level of interaction with participants and staff; also be a constructive member of the Leadership contributing in every possible way to the health, harmony and happiness of the Brownsville Corps family.
- Coordinate daily assembly as assigned
- Assume the responsibilities of the Group Leader, in their absence.
- Communicate with the Group Leader as soon as possible (in private), for actions of staff members that put the health and safety of participants at risk. Report all incidents minor or major.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of various ages and skill levels, and provide necessary instruction to participants and/or staff.
- Ability to identify and physically respond appropriately and quickly to emergency situations, as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One Year Experience in Youth or Camp Programming and/or group work
- Availability for the entire duration of program hours (2:15 6 PM during school year; 8 AM 6 PM on school holidays and summer months)
Posted by StartWire