Job Description: This role will report directly to the Director of Audience Development and will play a key role in the company’s efforts to grow audience and revenue by formulating and executing strategies to acquire and retain readers for Adweek. Ideal candidate loves marketing, is obsessed with data, and has a deep understanding of internet culture and community, as well as digital publishing and distribution strategies.
· Utilize audience data and insights to make data-informed decisions to influence audience growth and increase overall audience engagement.
· Collaborate with editorial and custom content teams to optimize stories for social media and search engines, and produce and promote evergreen content for use on Adweek.com, editorial newsletters, and social channels with the goal to drive website traffic and increase audience engagement and conversion rates.
· Plan, and execute campaigns via email, display and social media to acquire new business and retain current subscribers, using list segmenting and behavioral targeting strategies.
· Develop test plans and monitor performance results for multiple customer acquisition channels and lifecycle campaigns.
· Work with circulation and fulfillment teams to manage controlled and paid circulation efforts.
· Collaborate with internal teams, including editorial, product, technology and design to influence the product and editorial roadmap based on audience topical interests and trends.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2-plus years of related professional experience.
· Analytical mindset with a strong proficiency in Excel.
· Proficient in social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram), including native as well as paid ad products.
· Familiarity with subscription-based product models.
· Self-motivated with good project management skills and the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and adapt to shifting priorities.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to present analysis and results to senior management.
· Desire to explore and proactively surface new distribution channels and social products.
· Advanced writing skills with a creative mind that can think outside the box.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ease working within teams remotely or on-site.
· Experience with Google Analytics, Parse.ly/Chartbeat, Google BigQuery/SQL, Google Data Studio preferred.