Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
TITLE: Associate Officer, Cost Proposals
LOCATION: Washington, DC
REPORTS TO: Senior Cost Proposal Manager
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 2,400 nine of 10 who work in the field the Foundation's global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
The Associate Officer, Cost Proposals will be part of the Finance and Accounting department, reporting to the Senior Cost Proposal Manager and working closely with the New Business Department to support the development of quality cost proposals including the budget, budget narrative, cost/price analysis of partner budgets, and coordination with the proposal and finance team members throughout the Foundation. The Associate Officer, Cost Proposals will also support ongoing budget efforts including budget realignments, as needed.
* Assist the Senior Cost Proposal Manager in leading the cost proposal function for new business and support ongoing projects including by reviewing budgets for realignments and/or renewals;
* Support development of budget and budget narratives for US government and non-USG funders;
* Contribute in the creation or modification of budget templates to comply with donor requirements and revise new budget templates as needed for small proposals or non-U.S. funders/Foundations;
* Maintain cost proposal template library;
* Assist in adhering to cost proposal schedules, format excel templates, conduct pricing research and prepare budget and narrative for submission;
* Perform quality assurance checks on budgets;
* Provide initial review and provide feedback on subcontractor budget submissions, as needed;
* Support field teams in updating budget modifications in conjunction with work plan submissions;
* Assist in the development and implementation of internal budget training and capacity building activities as needed;
* Maintain a working knowledge of all Foundation Corporate Services policies and procedures, and communicates these clearly;
* Respond promptly, courteously, and correctly to inquiries from internal and external colleagues; and
* Other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in International Business, International Development, or related field;
* 2-3 years related experience;
* Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required;
* Ability and willingness to conduct research, handle routine and administrative tasks, as well as the problem-solving and resourcefulness for more complex and substantive work; and
* Familiarity with US government bidding process, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* High level of analytical ability and attention to detail;
* Effective organizational and time management skills; and
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.