Reporting to the Practice Plan Director, the Associate Practice Plan Director will be responsible for overseeing the financial, administrative and clinical activities in the Department of Radiology.
1. Provides administrative and supervisory support for the Practice Plan Director as necessary for the practice sites in the Department of Radiology for all issues related to patient care, quality assurance, policy and procedure, compliance, human resources, marketing and outreach, referring physician issues, revenue cycle and operations.
2. Takes measures to correct and/or resolve situations and ensures that appropriate personnel are involved in consultation with the Practice Plan Director.
3. Responsible for ordering supplies for the practice sites. Communicate with vendors regarding orders and deliveries. Reviews and prepares all invoices for Practice Plan Director's approval. Assists with departmental purchase orders as needed.
4. With the direction of the Practice Plan Director, trains and tracks Departmental productivity and HR Policy and Procedure.
5. In the absence of the Practice Plan Director, directs the activities of the staff with authority to discipline and make decisions.
6. Works with the radiologists on a daily basis as needed to facilitate workflow and patient care.
7. Assists with addressing patient concerns and implementing Departmental goals to meet and exceed target patient satisfaction scores.
8. Assists in coordination with other key management leaders in overseeing scheduling as it relates to Radiology RIS/PACS system, CROWN and patient flow.
9. Ensures appropriate revenue cycle processes and goals.
10. Trains and covers staff vacations for the front desk.
11. Acts as the liaison between all other radiology facilities within the Columbia/NYP network.
12. Works with the Practice Plan Director on Departmental projects including but not limited to install/upgrade of equipment, IT upgrades, strategic initiatives to promote increase in practice volume and implementation of new programs/projects.
13. Serve in the leadership role for all practice locations in the absence of the Practice Plan Director.
14. Performs other related duties as necessary. Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Requires a Bachelor's degree plus five years of related experience. Master's degree preferred, preferably in healthcare or finance related field. Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Demonstrated effective leadership and organization skills. Proven ability to manage and direct staff in a patient care setting. Experience with oversight for the revenue cycle. Ability to provide initiative, judgment and creativity in the resolution of complex problems. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish realistic and achievable priorities and the ability to lead staff to achieve goals and objectives. Special Instructions Preferred Qualifications Essential Functions Additional Essential Functions (Limit to 3950 characters.) Special Indications
This position works with: There are no special indications for this position