We are currently seeking an Assurance Services Senior with a focus on Employee Benefit Plans. Assurance Services Seniors work independently and in teams focusing on compliance or advisory projects. Creating draft audit reports for management review and assistance with daily supervision of staff are among their responsibilities. Seniors also assist Managers and Partners in preparing risk assessment, audit plan programs and internal audit reports.
Assurance Services Seniors responsibilities include pre-audit planning for engagements, review of client accounting and operating procedures, performance of internal control test work, and audit test work sufficient in scope to support an audit opinion. This involves the preparation of financial statement reports, performing analytical reviews of various account balances, and preparing supporting work paper documentation. Assurance Services Seniors also perform technical research to solve issues that arise during the course of various audit engagements.
Moss Adams is committed to providing Assurance Services Seniors with a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education per year. This is delivered through a variety of mediums including the classroom, computer-based courses, and web-based sessions. We also provide local office training on technical topics to keep you current and informed on important Firm issues and industry standards. In addition, we provide soft skills training on various topics including marketing, sales, and time management giving you the skills you need to be successful in public accounting.
* Bachelor's degree with a major in accounting or related field required
* Minimum of 2 years of related experience
* Previous experience in a public accounting firm preferred
* Experience with Employee Benefit Plan Audits preferred
* CPA preferred. If not a CPA, must meet educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam as outlined by the Board of Accountancy in the state of your preferred office location required
* Motivated to meet client deadlines and provide excellent client service
* Strong analytical and report writing skills required
* Comprehensive understanding of data analysis techniques
* Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
* Creative problem solving and research skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Able to work effectively both as part of a team and independently
* Highly motivated and interested in taking the initiative for personal growth and development
* Able to handle multiple priorities, tasks and simultaneous projects
* Ability to travel to client locations which may include occasional overnight stays
* Ability to work overtime as needed
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
*Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.*
**Title:** *Assurance Services Senior (Employee Benefit Plans)*
**Location:** *Silicon Valley, CA*
**Requisition ID:** *14208*