We're looking for a Back-End Engineer who will develop the tools and processes that support Parsec's infrastructure. You'll be responsible for the foundation of Parsec's platform and will set the strategic direction for portions of our platform.
You'll be responsible for things like:
- Building, maintaining and improving our data processing pipeline
- Various aspects of our ad server, reporting infrastructure and real-time marketplace
- Creating internal APIs and integrating with external APIs
- Optimizing ad serving
- Leading and mentoring other engineers
- Strong SQL skills and experience or familiarity with non-SQL data stores such as MongoDB, Redis or Aerospike
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
- 3+ years of engineering experience
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of how the adtech ecosystem works
- Experience with streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka or AWS Kinesis
- Experience with Hadoop and its larger ecosystem (Flink, Spark, Storm, etc)
- Linux administration skills
- Familiarity with workflow orchestration tools such as Luigi and Airflow
- Familiarity with automation tools such as Terraform and Cloudformation
Parsec is the first platform to charge for media based on the amount of time that consumers choose to spend with advertising. It's a rewarding product to work on and market as it solves a real problem in the industry: the fact that the current metric we are all buying and selling on has very little to do with attention.
Parsec was created by a group of senior advertising execs and seasoned entrepreneurs who've built agencies, digital publishers and ad tech companies. Today, our team is a close knit group of people from various backgrounds, trying to make a positive change in the advertising industry.
Parsec is headquartered in NYC and has offices in Los Angeles, Chicago and London.