Brand Manager – CPG / Food Company – Houston TX based
Our client is a fast growing and innovative leader in the food industry. We are looking for a Brand Manager who will be responsible for delivering the sales and profits goals for a major brand in our portfolio while building and preserving brand equity for the long term.
You will manage multiple projects often with critical deadlines that require excellent prioritization and organizational skills. Duties include leading product development, developing the brand and product strategy; conducting category and brand analyses; overseeing marketing research; establishing pricing strategies; developing public relations, consumer advertising and promotion programs; and understanding competitors and reacting to competitive activities.
- Develop one and five year strategic plan for brand, sales channels and product categories.
- Identify target consumer, develop brand positioning and create consumer communication plan.
- Develop brand positioning and promise as well as the product roadmap to deliver the sales and profitability goals.
- Develop situation analysis and SWOT for the brand and the competitors.
- Develop pricing strategies that grow sales revenue and profit margins and maintain competitive position
- Build brand awareness.
- Product Development:
- Drive the identification of new products or product changes via analyses, concept tests, menu surveys, etc.
- Develop product P&Ls and cost targets.
- Lead the cross-functional team in new product development or product changes, ensuring that the products meet our costs requirements and delight the target consumer.
- Lead and project manage the cross functional team.
- Develop new and update existing product packaging and graphics.
- Conduct post launch analysis to measure success of product launch.
Business Analysis and Marketing Research:
The brand competes in the frozen entrees and snacks categories. A successful brand manager will develop solid category and brand expertise as follows:
- Work with the Consumer Insights Manager to drive any needed research.
- Incorporate findings into brand strategy, new product plans and fact based selling materials.
- Track brand and competitors at Retail and adjust the marketing plan as conditions warrant.
- Develop and manage Marketing and project budgets and expenses with service providers.
- Monitor trends in consumer correspondence and preferences.
Consumer Advertising and Promotion:
- Develop and execute advertising and promotion strategies and tactics to build brand awareness and trial with target consumers.
- Develop internet and social network tactics to achieve our branding and sales goals.
- Conduct post promotion analyses to measure program success.
- Responsible for the development and management of sales and marketing materials, including sell sheets, collateral materials, POS, and website.
- Lead in-house and external agencies.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- MBA preferred. BA in Marketing or Business required.
- 3-5 years of brand marketing experience over a self-manufactured CPG brand
- Excellent leadership skills and project management skills required.
- Strong financial management skills required.
- Culinary interest a plus.
- Frozen food experience a plus.
- Familiarity with product costing a plus.