Leverage your problem solving and SQL skills within a leading marketing analytics firm serving global brands and agencies. As a Database Developer on our Data Solutions team in Kansas City, MO, this entry-level position will be responsible for the creation and delivery of marketing data solutions for our ChannelMix platform.
The Database Developer functions as a critical support role for our clients. Through our Zendesk ticketing system, this role drives our client's marketing data architecture solution forward by creating custom views, integrating marketing data sources and solving data quality concerns. The Database Developer will handle clients' support requests directly and utilize PostgreSQL, Python, Tableau Software and Amazon Web Services.
- Daily communication with clients (agencies and large brands) via Zendesk ticketing system
- Evaluate clients' requests for completeness and feasability
- Integrate clients' marketing data into our ChannelMix platform
- Develop database views combining multiple marketing data sources at different levels of aggregation
- Troubleshoot clients' data quality concerns
- Document clients' complex data architecture
- Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations
- Build client specific data integration solutions
- Ability to provide expert advice and direction to clients
- Skilled in professional, clear and concise client-focused online communication
- Passion for understanding and solving complex problems
- Strong understanding of data structures and software systems
- 1 year SQL experience
- Experience working in a technical helpdesk or systems support role
- Passion for technology and data
- Passion for learning
Additional Competencies a plus:
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Tableau
- Familiarity with marketing tactics, terminology, and data
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Familiarity with Linux server administration
- Experience with Python
ChannelMix, a Google Approved Technology, offers pre-built connections to many of the 3000+ existing marketing tools and systems, plus can accommodate custom connections to any outliers, Excel files or proprietary systems. Alight does all the heavy lifting, including setting up the connections, building aggregated views, monitoring, data hygiene and ongoing management of the data, a unique service among competitors. Agencies and Brands can access their cleansed, consolidated data using any Business Intelligence tool, such as Tableau Software, BIME, DOMO, Microsoft BI, Qlik and SAS.
Alight Analytics was named a 2017 and 2016 Inc. 5000 winner, 2017 Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, 2017 and 2016 Best Place to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal, 2016 Company of the Year Stevie Award Winner, 2016 Awards For Excellence Nominee by the Digital Analytics Association, 2015 Stevie Award Winner, a 2015 Top 50 Google Technology Provider by CIO Review, a 2014 Smart Company to Watch by Thinking Bigger Business, a 2014 Best Place to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal, the 2014 Best Business Analytics Solution Provider by Innovation Enterprise, a 2014 25 Under 25 award winner by Thinking Bigger Business. Alight's Co-Founder, Michelle Jacobs, is a 2015 EY Entrepreneur of the Year and was named one of Ingram's 2014 40 Under Forty honorees.
Alight Analytics is a Google Analytics Certified Partner, a Google Analytics Authorized Premium Reseller, a Google Analytics Technology Partner, a Google Adwords Partner, a MarketLive Integrated Partner, an Amazon Web Services APN Consulting Partner, a Tableau Software Alliance Partner and part of the SAP HANA Startup Program.
For more information visit