Practising Law Institute (“PLI”) is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist for its talented Manhattan-based Marketing team. PLI’s array of world-class legal education programs and services continues to grow, as does PLI’s client base of prestigious law firms and Fortune 500 companies. It is an exciting time to join our dynamic team!
Do you have experience growing a business using search engine optimization and social media outreach? Do you enjoy analyzing data and building strategies based on your findings?
Practising Law Institute (PLI) is looking for an SEO, web analytics and social media whiz! The Digital Marketing Specialist will report to our Senior Digital Marketing Manager and will lead SEM/PPC, SEO, social outreach, analytics and reporting. This position will help us improve organic and paid lead generation, analyze key marketing metrics and report on marketing performance using Google Analytics.
· Develop and execute paid and organic search strategies. Track, analyze, report and optimize on a regular basis including keyword research, ad copy, landing pages, bidding, budget management, competitor analysis.
· Hands-on optimization; working with IT teams to improve site and internal linking architecture, UX, page construction, meta-data, content, and SEO copywriting.
· Manage and post to all PLI social platforms to promote PLI products, services and employer branding efforts.
· Create consistent messages and grow PLI’s social presence.
· Track and report on all marketing campaign results with full data analysis including PPC, SEO, social, and email performance.
· Measure and improve key performance indicators such as traffic, clicks, CTR, CPC, email opens, conversion, contacts, marketing qualified leads, sales qualified leads, opportunities, sales, spending, ROI, etc.
· Develop and present weekly and monthly reporting dashboards on DataStudio.
· Proactively seek information about the latest search engine changes and updates.
· Communicate to PLI marketing staff what’s working on PPC, free and paid social.
· Effective presentation of strategy and recommendations.
· Learn our business. Understand services and markets well enough to build effective keyword strategies.
· A Bachelor’s degree is required. Degree with focus on marketing or digital marketing strongly preferred.
· 3 – 5 years’ of relevant experience required.
· Passion for analyzing, reporting and improving ROI of marketing activities. Highly motivated to improve lead generation.
· Experience with use of platforms for developing and monitoring such as:
o SEO tools (Search Console, ranking tools, BrightEdge, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SEMRush)
o Analytics (Google Analytics, Omniture)
o Paid advertisements (Adwords, AdGrants, Twitter, LinkedIn)
o Content management for social (HootSuite)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent analytical skills, data-driven thinking and attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask and manage time efficiently.
· Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility.
· Ability to work in teams and/or individually to meet client goals.
· Passion to stay up-to-date of news and trends in SEO and online marketing.
· Knowledge of best practices for organic search engine optimization including knowledge of search engine spiders and search engine ranking factors a plus.
· Experience with campaign strategy, planning and execution including free and paid social media, paid advertising, and page optimization for keywords a plus.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. With over 260 employees located in our New York City and San Francisco offices, PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and encouraging.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.