MetLife is seeking a dynamic public relations professional to serve in a key role on its Global Communications team, spearheading PR for its high-profile U.S. employee benefits business, the largest provider of non-medical insurance benefits in the country.
The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker and combination strategist and executioner who thrives on translating business objectives into PR strategies. He or she has deep experience in media relations, plans holistically and strategically, and maximizes all available channels, including social media platforms, influencers, sponsorships, events and more to drive engagement with diverse audiences, including U.S. employers (both public and private sector), brokers and employees/end consumers.
This individual will serve as a partner and advisor to senior level executives and their teams, creating and executing comprehensive, public relations programs that advance business growth and enhance MetLife’s reputation as an expert on the changing workplace, as well as an advocate for employees and their needs.
Key responsibilities of the role include developing trusted relationships with executives across the organization, public relations strategy and planning, proactive media outreach, analyzing and promoting thought leadership, drafting and disseminating a wide array of content through numerous channels, collaborating with internal stakeholders, and executing integrated communications programs in partnership with advertising, marketing and business teams.
This person must have a keen understanding of both internal and external communications, experience delivering both B2B and consumer brand communications results and the cultural sensitivity to work for a global organization.
- Develop and execute external communications programs to support MetLife’s U.S. employee benefits business.
- Identify and pitch media opportunities to mainstream and trade media.
- Write and produce multi-media content that engages audiences.
- Provide counsel to senior business executives.
As a global company with operations in more than 40 countries, MetLife’s communications are more important than ever. This is an opportunity to work with a global team large enough to have varied and engaging experiences, yet small enough to make an impact and be recognized. The role supports MetLife’s primary U.S. business, Group Benefits, which serves 95 of the top FORTUNE 100 employers, thousands of small businesses across the country, as well as the federal government, state and local governments and public education institutions, and delivers financial protection products through the workplace to millions of Americans.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Simplify complex ideas, strategies and research insights and understanding how to make them relevant for internal and external audiences.
- Work effectively through shared processes with others at all levels within the organization.
- Manage and deliver communication through a variety of channels using current and emerging communications technology.
- Counsel partners on content that resonate for the media based on research and other corporate initiatives.
- Integrate with the marketing, social media and advertising teams to develop holistic and integrated marketing communications campaigns.
- 10 years of experience in communications and/or public relations.
- 10 years of experience in traditional media, working with business-to-consumer and/or business-to-business companies (or combination of the two) in a corporate or agency setting with demonstrated results engaging stakeholders.
- 5 years of experience with social media and new media channels with demonstrated results engaging stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field.
- Master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or related field preferred.
- Passion for media relations. Strong and effective writing skills.
- Track record of success in executing integrated communications programs and working with other marketing disciplines.
- Professional approach to working with senior level executives and providing counsel regarding media relations, media training and other relevant communications issues. Recognized team player who willingly shares knowledge and information with others.
- Sound judgment as a communications professional.
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to explain complex concepts and make them relevant to multiple audiences.
- High energy and strong work ethic.
- Positive attitude and willingness to take initiative, share perspectives and make things happen.