Founded in 2012, Student Loan Hero is on a mission to help 44 million people manage and repay over $1.4 trillion in student loan debt.
Student Loan Hero combines financial education with easy-to-use tools, unbiased personalized advice and repayment plans to help student loan borrowers become financially healthy.
What does the Director of SEO do?
The Director of SEO’s role is to be the team's go-to expert for all things SEO. The SEO Director will be primarily responsible for guiding SEO strategy and growing organic search traffic to the SLH site. The Director of SEO will also be responsible for working with the Outreach team to formulate and execute our linkbuilding strategy, keyword research and any on-site SEO analysis and reporting as well as reporting on SEO traffic and rankings.
- Analyze SEO and Google Analytics to make data-driven decisions that guide strategy for content creation and linkbuilding
- Conduct SEO keyword research with various SEO tools in order to inform blog post and other content creation as well as to optimize existing assets
- Perform regular SEO audits of SLH website and look for optimization opportunities
- Perform regular competitor SEO audits
- Monitor on-site SEO and provide direction on necessary updates and changes, including site architecture
- Hire and supervise 1-2 SEO specialist(s)
- Communicate SEO objectives across various teams
- Other duties as assigned.
What’s it like to work on the Student Loan Hero team?
Student Loan Hero is a fully remote team. We have team members all over the world, in cities including NYC, Austin, Portland, Santiago, and St. Petersburg.
Since we’re located all over the world, communication using Slack, Gmail, Basecamp, Google Hangouts, and other tools is key for us. Don't worry—you won't be alone. We communicate regularly throughout the day.
As a growing company, most team members get to wear multiple hats, giving you tremendous learning and development opportunities. We believe in giving our team members autonomy to work on projects that interest them. Also, we place value on the output of each team member, and not simply the amount of facetime or hours you spend working.
A large part of our culture and values is transparency - we believe that team members should collaborate and communicate, not compete or engage in office politics.
At the same time, we like to make work as much fun as possible and “embrace the weird” about ourselves. We encourage our team to grow both personally and professionally, which is why we offer wellness and educational stipends, as well as several other great perks.
Above all, we’re proud to work on meaningful projects that impact the financial health of millions of people.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- 7+ years of experience working in SEO, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with technical on-site SEO
- Experience with creating, executing, and tracking linkbuilding campaigns
- Experience conducting SEO site audits
- Experience conducting competitive analysis
- Familiarity with WordPress and Google Analytics
- Interest in personal finance and helping others improve their financial lives
- Degree from or background in quantitative field of study (preferred)
- Familiarity with SEMRush, Ahrefs, and other SEO tools (preferred)
- HTML proficiency (preferred)
- Competitive salary: Based on experience and location.
- Equity: We’ll give you vested shares in the company.
- Vacation: Unlimited.
- Flexible hours: Work when you’re most productive.
- Work remotely: Work from wherever you want in the world. (Costa Rica, anyone?)
- New equipment: We’ll hook you up with a brand new MacBook Pro, and a $1,000 technology stipend to purchase a desk or whatever helps you work.
- Remote workspace: We’ll pay up to $500/month for a remote office space (e.g., co-working space).
- Wellness: We cover 100% of premiums for employees and dependents on a silver-level health insurance plan, plus you get up to $150/month for gym, fitness classes, nutrition counseling, weight loss programs, nutritious food delivery service, acupuncture, massages, workout equipment, or race registrations.
- Continuing education: Up to $100/month for courses, books, or anything you’d like to learn!
- Financial contribution: Receive a 100% match of up to 3% of annual salary to a retirement account, as well as a 100% match of up to $2,000 toward student loan repayment assistance.