Who We Are: We are Epic Signal, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mekanism.
We solve real business problems using a strategic blend of social media, influencers, and content. Its basically just advertising. We do it for brands your Mom’s heard of – Pepsi, MillerCoors, Amazon, Fitbit, Alaska Airlines and a few others.
This person is in the exciting position of leading social strategy for the agency within Chicago - they are the setting the vision, working hand-in-hand with leadership to help grow the capabilities and client base. This person will be the ‘go to’ person for all things digital and social.
The Director of Social Strategy is responsible for building and growing client relationships by providing brand stewardship and thought leadership across social, creating integrated marketing strategies, and oversight of campaign development through execution. This person must be strategic, hands-on, tenacious and passionate about delivering outstanding results in collaboration with internal teams.
You must be a team leader who has the ability to lead by example, mentor team members, get their hands dirty and can help scale this business. You’re passionate about social media and actively participate in it yourself. You understand the value of fostering strong relationships with clients and your team.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Be a social media maven
- Ability to oversee team, guide strategy, execution and profitability across a variety of disciplines, including (but not limited to):
- Earned and paid promotion
- Production of social content
- Community management
- Influencer marketing
- Strategic partnerships
- Integration of above the line and social campaigns
- Be well versed in the various earned, owned, and paid media opportunities in social
- Develop and execute large-scale programs across multiple platforms
- Collaborate with account strategy, creative, influencer and channel management teams
- Develop and deliver senior-level social strategies to brand managers and CMO-level clients
- Provide client recommendations on proper social tactics, based on brand-specific goals
- Evaluate and measure campaign results against objectives
- Address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Manage and grow the team
- Responsible for mentoring a growing team
- Will play key role in hiring and performance reviews
- Must be able to be calm and cool under pressure and lead by example
- Take responsibility for budgetary issues, including account profitability
- Contribute to Epic Signal profitability through
- Actively seeking out new business leads
- Participate in and lead new business pitch opportunities
- Identify and sell-through incremental selling opportunities with existing accounts
- Commit to continuous learning; set, pursue and stretch goals
- 9+ years of experience in advertising and social media
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to orchestrate large-scale programs across multiple social platforms
- Success in presenting strategic solutions and POVs that engage consumers and build brands in social channels
- Experience managing and growing a team
- The ability to work and thrive in a complex and fast-growing environment
- Innate curiosity, enthusiasm and aptitude with the ability to see the big picture as well as be hands-on
- Experience with influencer marketing, community management, and paid social
- Social and communication skills to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel