Adweek is the leading source of news for marketing, media, and advertising professionals. Adweek’s events division is seeking some one to be the Director of Events. The ideal candidate possesses experience in live events and/or film and television production and is a detail oriented, proactive problem solver.
For 40 years, Adweek has been recognizing great leadership within the Brand Marketing Ecosystem through Awards, Honors and Events. Recently the Events division is growing and developing new, franchise events for the community. With this growing focus on events, Adweek is developing a formidable events team.
The Director of Events is a role responsible for implementing event strategy, program design, packaging and rollout ensuring that Adweek events are “” He/she will build and grow Adweek Events, financially and from an industry-awareness perspective. In addition, the Director of Events assists in developing an integrated event strategy plan that best serves the Brand Marketing Ecosystem.
This role will work with central marketing, editorial, creative and sales teams to recommend programs and sponsorship opportunities.
· Execute end-to-end management and development of event programs, including: playbook development, asset creation, sales and onsite management
· Develop sponsorship packages that support our programs, creating innovative opportunities for our partner ecosystem.
· Measure, track, and analyze program results to provide data-driven reporting and recommendations for improving future events.
· Optimize event planning and execution processes to drive improvements to the customer experience and lead generation.
· Oversee receipt and response to inbound event sales inquiries. Management of events pipeline including coordination and participation in site visits. Maintain active list of event clientele.
· Research and recommend media buying strategy and strategic media partnerships for the development and promotion of events.
· Maintain event revenue forecast and pipeline. Track events revenue and expense with a focus on budget management and revenue goal achievement.
· Collaboration with marketing department to ensure event success including social media, PR and recap development.
· Analysis and comparison of competition.
· Oversee all contract administration procedures.
· Planning and coordination of B2B marketing events/mixers.
· Event Planning and Operations
· Develop and maintain preferred vendors list including points of contact and valid insurance documentation.
· Oversee the collection and distribution of associated events payments, contracts and insurance documentation.
· Communication with Operations, Marketing, Accounting and Vendors to ensure the successful execution of each event.
· Oversee tracking and billing event clients for event-associated expenses.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing programs, event planning, sponsorship and marketing communications.
· Experience working with marketing and sales organizations.
· Demonstrated success in being able to manage multiple events/projects simultaneously.
· Proven track record in meeting and exceeding sales goals
· Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less and staying on budget.
· Solid attention to detail, customer-service orientation and creativity in problem-solving.
· An ability to present themselves in a highly professional manner and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data/material is critical.
· Ability to work weekends, holidays and other evenings as necessary.
· Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (marketing concentration preferred).