Weber Shandwick is more than a leading global PR agency – we’re an engagement agency and we’re working in and around the cutting edge of the new media landscape. We’re storytellers, content creators, and we engage people IN the story. We employ the best in the industry and beyond, working across sectors including consumer, healthcare, technology, public affairs, crisis management, digital, and social impact. Our success is built on a deep commitment to client service, to our people, to creativity and collaboration, to engaging stakeholders in new and creative ways to build brands and reputations—and to putting data, analytics and insights at the center of everything we do.
This position is part of a dynamic global Analytics leadership team charged with deepening and accelerating the use of more advanced analytics throughout the agency’s global network-- from planning insights through to execution and performance evaluation. The position will report to the global President of Measurement and Analytics and be responsible for championing, systematizing and overseeing global analytics infrastructure development and maintenance. This includes responsibility for senior analytics talent management across geographies and implementation of global data solutions processes, pricing and staffing structures, deliverables formats and quality controls.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with global, regional, practice and other discipline leaders in identifying opportunities to improve the integration and use of advanced analytics solutions across the global network – with particular focus on agency key accounts
- Lead process and solutions development to improve the efficiency and scale of analytics work – including, but not limited to, supporting the establishment of data management systems and creating processes to improve and automate delivery of analytics solutions
- Drive increased scale and profitability of analytics work across the global network through the development of budgeting, financial forecasting and staffing models
- Cultivate and strengthen analytics talent across the network through training, strategic hires and dynamic teaming to encourage knowledge/skills transfer
- Work in close partnership with the global President of Measurement and Analytics and the Head of Analytics Innovation to identify and/or develop new analytics tools, technologies and techniques to further analytics differentiation for the agency
- Provide hands-on consultancy, collaboration and support to clients and project teams in designing, staffing, and delivering global analytics work
- Contribute to business development and growth (both new client and organic growth) by supporting the development of Analytics perspective pieces and content for proposals, as well as articles, presentations and other engagement opportunities promoting agency data and analytics capabilities
The person who can deliver on these responsibilities will have the following skills and knowledge:
- 15+ years of experience in marketing and communications analytics - at least 3-5 leading a communications analytics, research or research product development team, preferably within a global marketing organization, media research company or consultancy
- Master’s degree or higher in statistics, mathematics, psychology, economics, or a relevant field of study preferred, but not required with proven industry track record. MBA is a plus.
- History of improving organizational performance and driving business growth through the strategic application of data and analytics
- Strong team building and management skills, with the ability to attract, develop and retain top talent
- Working knowledge of advanced statistics, database solutions and data modeling techniques
- Ability to design research and analyses to test specific hypothesis around optimal communications creative and channel mix
- Proficient in use of statistical software (e.g., SAS, R, Python) and machine learning techniques
- Experience with social media, search and web analytics tools, as well as third-party research partners (e.g., Global Web Index, Nielsen, comScore, Simmons)
- Exceptional analytics account and project management skills, as well as problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships, navigate complex organizations and deal with ambiguity and evolving business needs
- Effective personal communications and presentation skills