You will be assisting the lead developer in developing new features and functionality. Ideally, you have a solid WordPress & full stack base and are eager to learn more.
• Develop / implement custom new features & functionality
• Help formulate an effective, responsive design and turn it into a working theme and plugins.
• Ensure high-performance & readability of code
• Help guide the website’s architecture
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2+ years of experience with WordPress & the WP stack.
• Experience developing responsive websites
• Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
• Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
• Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
• Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
• Third Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.) - REST, SOAP and other
• Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
• Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
• Strong understanding of MySQL
• Experience building custom WordPress themes, plugins, widgets & interfaces
• Version Control (GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
Great to haves:
• SASS/LESS knowledge
• Shell scripting knowledge
• Strong knowledge of web performance optimization, caching, and SEO.