The Health Unit Coordinator II is responsible for coordinating non-clinical activities for a patient care unit under the direction of the nurse in charge and/or Nurse Manager and in accordance with local, state, federal, Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies. Provides assistance to nursing staff by accurately transcribing and placing orders into the system. Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, organizational skills and the ability to plan and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with MS Office software (Word / Excel).
- Familiarity with medical terminology.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English required.
- One ( 1 ) year experience as Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) I.
- Certification by National Association of Health Unit Coordinators (NAHUC) preferred.