Talbots is a leading retailer and direct marketer of women's classic apparel, shoes and accessories. We're known for providing gracious service and a quality selection of timeless wardrobe essentials in a broad range of sizes. We are looking for interns that are just as passionate as we are about fashion, collaboration, and customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Monitor press coverage daily, including all social media platforms, and create weekly/monthly reports
* Utilize forsquare.com and vocus.com for blogger search and research national press
* Sample organization - work in Excel for sample trafficking, keep sample closet organized
* Organize blogger mailings
* Assist in organizing of press previews
* Clerical tasks as needed to support the PR team
* Assist with special projects as needed (e.g., launches, events, gift guides etc)
* Experience in Microsoft Office.
* High attention to detail and superior time management.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
* Currently enrolled and working towards a college degree
* Must be eligible to receive school credit for semester based internships
* Most importantly a curiosity and desire to learn
Community / Marketing Title:Internship (Spring) - Public Relations Intern
Talbots is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer of women's clothing, shoes and accessories. Established in 1947, the company is known for modern classic style that's both timeless and timely, fine quality craftsmanship and gracious service. At Talbots relationships are the key to our business, we hire individuals who bring new ideas to the table, understand smart risk taking and can enhance an already thriving culture. With a commitment to offer modern classic style for every body type, through a full range of sizes, inclusive to every woman in your life.
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Talbots is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from diverse candidates. Hiring decisions are based upon a candidate's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration and are made without regard to race, sex, national origin, color, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, religion, or any other category protected by applicable law. Talbots is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for job applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation to perform the essential duties of the position you are seeking or to participate in the application process please contact ...@talbots.com. Talbots will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified applicants or employees, unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operations of the Company's business.
Location_formattedLocationLong:New York, New York US