MHVillage, the national leader in online advertising for manufactured homes and communities, is currently seeking a Marketing Assistant to join our team. Reporting to the Marketing Team Lead, the Marketing Assistant combines creativity, marketing knowledge and productivity to support the needs of the marketing team as well as both internal and external clients. This role requires an individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines, while maintaining focus, quality of work, professionalism, and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
The Marketing Assistant's primary responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with executive leadership, department and business unit managers to define, plan and execute marketing initiatives.
- Assist with the design and development of print marketing, digital assets, and support materials for assigned projects such as direct mail, sales collateral, website graphics and presentations.
- Build and deploy e-mail campaigns using provided content for promotional offers, announcements and e-mail newsletters.
- Coordinate trade shows, events and sponsorships, including the management of displays, promotional items and marketing collateral.
- Assist the marketing and executive teams as needed at industry events and trade shows.
- Maintain and prepare lists for direct mail and online advertising campaigns.
- Assist the business development team with the preparation of proposals, presentations and correspondence.
- Contribute written content to blogs, publications, publicity and marketing collateral.
- Assist with social media marketing, website maintenance, and other digital marketing activities as directed.
- Research and coordinate marketing services including pricing, suppliers, and production times for various marketing projects as needed.
- Work with vendors, advertisers and external clients as directed, to successfully and professionally produce marketing deliverables.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a marketing role, in a corporate or agency environment.
- Bachelor s degree in marketing or a related field, or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- Have experience in the use of the Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Be proficient in using e-mail marketing platforms such as MailChimp, InfusionSoft, Ontraport, AWeber, MarketHero, etc.
- Have excellent written communication skills.
- Be familiar with digital marketing tools such as landing pages, VSLs, webinars, and launch sequences.
- Be able to show examples of marketing projects you have produced yourself in print, online and in social media.
- Have a portfolio of work that displays creative thinking, professional quality, and marketing expertise.
- Can juggle multiple competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment while maintaining focus, professionalism and quality of work.
- Be able to perform basic website maintenance and updates using content management platforms such as WordPress.
- Have a working knowledge of Google G Suite including the ability to navigate, update and create basic spreadsheets, shared folders and other documents.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer an excellent work/life balance and a competitive compensation program including medical benefits with available dental, vision life and disability insurance, quarterly profit sharing and company-matched 401(k).
This is a full-time position based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.Company DescriptionMHVillage.com is the nation's premier online marketplace for buying and selling manufactured homes, the nation s largest unsubsidized form of affordable housing. Since its inception in 2004, MHVillage has grown to become the number one consumer website for the manufactured housing industry with listings for over 26,000 homes, 37,000 communities and over 100,000 homesites nationwide. Leads generated by the more than 25 million consumers who start their home search with MHVillage.com result in home sales and rental transactions exceeding $3 billion annually.