When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
We are looking for a driven Marketing Automation Specialist to join our LSG (Life Science Group) team in Carlsbad, CA who is ready to make a difference. Here at Thermo Fisher we are the leader in serving science, with an eye on becoming the leader in the digital marketing space. Our customers demand more from digital than ever before. It is our mission to exceed their expectations while at the same time significantly advancing the business profitably. As our Marketing Automation Specialist you will be responsible for strategy development, execution, and optimization of multiple campaigns at both the group and division organizational levels, always with an eye on moving the needle.
How will you make an impact? The Marketing Automation Specialist will help lead development, execution, analysis, optimization, and reporting for marketing automation projects as well as targeted audience management, advanced segmentation, and CRM related initiatives for the Global Commercial Digital Marketing team. In this capacity, you will also help drive audience acquisition and engagement efforts while working to scale our groups capability to analytically draw upon customer data and create workflows that deliver the right message, at the right time, to the right audience, in the right marketing channel.
This role will work closely with both global and regional business partners, marketers, and technical subject matter experts to provide dedicated support across multiple divisions, ensuring automated efforts are an integrated and optimized part of campaign strategies and objectives are delivered upon. To be successful, the candidate for this role must be comfortable working in a highly matrixed environment and collaborating with large teams across the company. This role requires an experienced digital marketer, with a well-developed understanding of automation related strategies, tools, and technologies, who can evangelize and educate peers about marketing automation as well as support a team of talented professionals from strategy through execution. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate, have a vision for the future of marketing, and focused on delivering results while continuously improving customer centricity and experience within our digital channels.
What will you do?
- Provide guidance and optimization recommendations to business partners based upon data, analytics, and digital marketing capabilities
- Manage the execution of Marketing Automation tasks such as: campaign setup, scheduling, tracking, testing, and deployment
- Conduct operations tasks such as: flow chart development, quality control, data manipulation, data cleanup, audience development, and other related tasks
- Responsible for defining simple to advance segmentation and targeting based upon objectives, content, offers, testing, data sources, and analysis required to meet campaign requirements
- Develop best practices for audiences sizing, characteristics and ability to apply demographic and behavioral data insights to audience segments
- Continuous review of selection, exclusion, and suppression logic to ensure accurate identification of target groups and test/holdout groups as applicable
- Responsible for reporting and delivery of campaign results, helping marketers understand channel performance metrics as well as how to improve them, including sharing best practices
- Work closely with marketers to understand objectives, develop programs, and ensure executions and segmentation strategies meet those objectives
- Work across global, regional, and subject matter experts to ensure projects are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Lead the execution of flawless and timely campaigns: one-time, recurring, and dynamic-content driven
- Help drive the development and use of advanced data/customer centric segmentation and targeting capabilities that drive improvements in channel effectiveness
- Responsible for CRM business strategy to drive new contact acquisition and re-engagement programs and strong understanding on how our data flows in between the various systems to ensure database health.
- Will support and lead the launch new digital marketing capability enablement and integrations related to email and segmentation and working with regions to ensure proper usage of capabilities and/or integrations, inclusive of planning, training, roll out, post production support, etc. .
- Stay current and knowledgeable on new developments, trends, and technologies in marketing automation
Bachelors Degree in marketing, business, technology, or related field
- 4+ years of advanced email, segmentation and Marketing Automation experience within a global marketing team
- Intermediate understanding with other digital marketing channels inclusive of Social, 3rd party, Partnerships, Programmatic buying, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, and macros) and basic to immediate knowledge of SQL
- Proven track record of creating, optimizing, and reinventing campaigns to constantly improve results delivered
- Strong analytical and excel skills with the ability to quickly isolate data and drive insights
- Demonstrated ability to pick up technical applications and concepts quickly
- Experience working with Unica Campaign, Silverpop, or other email/segmentation related software
- Experience working on Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) programs including responsibility for measurement, tracking, reporting, and ROI analysis across multiple channels
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM compliance
- Ability to build effective working relationships with colleagues inside and outside the organization
- Must be a team player with the ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities within a fast paced environment
- Self-directed and motivated, with the ability to efficiently operate independently, operate under pressure, and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional work ethic and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Proficiency with PowerPoint or other presentation tools
- Direct experience with IBM Campaign Management Tools (IBM/Unica Campaign, Silverpop) preferred
- Experience using SQL, SAS, IBM Cognos, Tableau (or equivalent) for data analysis desired
- Knowledge of HTML coding/understanding a plus
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.