Job Description for Marketing and Strategic Partnerships Position
- Exciting opportunity to lead marketing and strategic partnerships across social media, digital marketing and talent acquisition events.
- You re a marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You re a professional that knows how to work hard but also wants to have fun at work. You know how to prioritize, take initiative, stay organized and successfully manage multiple projects.
- You love discussing and testing out new ideas and collaborating and innovating with your coworkers.
- You can think on a strategic level, with the creativity and attention to detail to execute marketing plans on a granular level and measure results for continued improvement and progress.
- GSMI is a leader in business executive events. The Marketing & Strategic Partnerships Manager will work closely with our lead conference organizer to help increase brand awareness and attendance for our events and trade shows.
- Identify new industry partnership opportunities by researching complementary companies with shared visions.
- Establish relationships with potential partners to evaluate goals and negotiate deliverables
- Manage cross-promotional timeline; create copy and artwork (banners, e-blasts, social mentions, etc) for partners.
- Analyze ROI of new and current marketing channels and partnerships through analytics tools
- Build and enforce marketing plan for various campaigns.
- Develop and distribute press releases, media alerts, and handle onsite press communication.
- Collaborate with media outlets to organize coverage and reach relevant audiences.
- Promote industry presence of educational conferences and trade shows through partnerships and content distribution.
- Develop content and marketing materials including online and on-air advertising, social media campaigns, magazine inserts, direct mail pieces, on-site signage, and eBlasts.
- Incorporate social media strategy during and leading up to national events.
- Strong writing skills needed
Additional Skills for Idea Candidate:
- Understanding and experience with digital ad planning & execution: PPC, SEM, SEO
- Experience with marketing tech tools - CRM, Email, Automated
- Basic HTML and CSS helpful but not required
Salary is based on experience (base salary + opportunity for profit share based on event revenue).Company DescriptionGSMI is a conference production company based in San Diego and San Francisco, with a footprint in over 50 countries. Honored we have reached 90% of Fortune 500 companies and were named one of San Diego s Top 100 Emerging Companies for the last four years (2012-2015), our pride stems from something deeper than reach and recognition. We bring people together. We inspire. We disrupt policy and champion innovation
Named one of San Diego Business Journals Fastest Growing companies 2010-2015