Vanguard, one of the world's largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Marketing Strategist for their Financial Advisor Services Division. With over $1 trillion in assets, Financial Advisor Services (FAS) distributes Vanguard's industry-leading ETFs and Mutual Funds through intermediary firms including wire houses, regional and independent broker-dealers, RIAs, banks and institutional asset managers. FAS Content Strategy and Distribution group works closely with FAS leadership aligned to our mission of becoming a preferred partner of advisor firms in helping investors achieve their financial goals.
The Marketing Strategist serves a key role in further establishing Vanguard s content strategy and shaping the FAS brand in the intermediary marketplace. This role requires an individual capable of leading and strategically influencing the content agenda for thought leadership, news, market research, and positioning for various intermediary audiences. A successful candidate will bring fresh ideas to the development of a content strategy, execution of the strategy, and definition of a measurement approach to continuously improve the content we deliver to the intermediary marketplace. Specifically, engage, persuade and influence senior leaders to develop content recommendations entrenched in insights from market research, sales feedback, etc. that are aligned to Vanguard s points of differentiation.
A successful candidate would bring knowledge of and experience in insight development and applying it to a content strategy, thought leadership development, positioning, B2B sales support, and content measurement framework development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively leads and manages a team and creates an environment that is conducive to teamwork, innovation and objectivity, which motivates a highly competent, driven and productive team. Sets measurable goals and examines ways to raise standards, to increase quality, and to improve overall performance of the team.
- Develops the strategy for, drives and oversees the content agenda for the division based off of insights and strategic business goals. Makes prioritization recommendations and coordinate across departments to support an integrated delivery of relevant marketing collateral based on credible research.
- Owner of market research agenda for the division. Identify key marketplace insights relevant for business leaders and partner to identify needs for further research.
- Partners with relevant stakeholders across Vanguard (e.g., sales corporate marketing and communications teams, investment and investor research teams, and analytics and insights team) to establish priorities, align objectives and deliverables, and execute marketing plans.
- Lead a function that quickly provides salient and relevant positioning for sales force. Act as the business conduit into corporate level positioning, and evolve the delivery, housing, and education for positioning content.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to improve content and the positioning of topics critical to the business area. Ensures a consistent feedback loop between marketing and sales.
- Develops and maintains broad knowledge of competitive offerings, market trends, and industry developments specific to the business area. Contacts clients and/or conducts research to understand client needs. Consults internally to convey findings and makes recommendations to senior leadership.
- Serves as a thought leader on marketing to senior leaders and others. Educates and inspires marketing and communications to crew and their business partners regarding marketing strategies and best practices.
- Leads/assists with general projects related to marketing. Handles multiple projects simultaneously from conception through execution and implementation of recommendations. Coordinates, prioritizes and actively manages tasks as needed to meet project timelines. Implements and utilizes dashboards and other metrics to identify improvement opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree. Master s degree / MBA or specialized knowledge/experience/certifications in economy/markets/institutional investing/wealth management preferred.
- Minimum of eight years general marketing experience, including eight years financial services preferred.
- Broad understanding of the investment and financial advisor industry.
- Superior interpersonal communication skills with strong written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to direct, align, manage, persuade and influence senior management and other senior leaders to achieve a coordinated process with optimal outcomes.
- Experience in delivering cross-departmental projects, strong project management and project leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts quickly and complete multiple and diverse assignments with the highest level of quality.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.