Requisition ID: 10760
Job Title: Point of Care Testing Coordinator
Shift: Full Time | Days
Department: Admin Laboratory Director, Pathology Department
Location: Duarte, CA
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under the direction of the Admin Laboratory Director of Pathology Services and the Medical Laboratory Director of the community practices, the POCT coordinator oversees and coordinates the laboratory testing performed by nursing under the CAP\\CLIA\\COLA waived certificate. This person is responsible for the QC/QA of the program, assists with technical issues arising within the point of care setting and works with the community practices to match the workflow of the community practices staff to the regulations governing this activity. Assumes other responsibilities, as delegated from the Admin Laboratory Director of Pathology Services and Medical Laboratory Director under CLIA 88'
- 15% - Staff member is required to travel between campus and community practices on a weekly\\monthly or designated time interval visits and if required for operational emergency.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology or related field from an accredited university
- Minimum of (1) one year experience in a large hospital laboratory medicine environment. Preferred 3-5 years applicable experience.
- Experience in a leadership role within the hospital environment.
- Certification by the Board of Registry of the ASCP or equivalent
- Licensed as a CLS in the state of California
- Valid California driving license
- Experience in teaching others
- Experience with philosophy and practice of continuous quality improvement and total quality management techniques preferred
- Clinical Pathology emphasis in Point of Care testing\\Waive testing. hematology and Chemistry
- Moderate physical effort
- Extensive standing/walking
- Occasionally lifts supplies/equipment
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching
- Extensive work at a PC involving focused concentration
- Color Vision: ability to distinguish and identify different colors
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.