Job Description :
As part of the Special Programs line of business you will be supporting vital programs benefiting the United States and be part of a team, leading the change in proposal development. In this role you will learn the workings of proposal development and how we plan and schedule, technical and cost related milestones upon the receipt of an RFP or Change Proposal Request. After helping prepare the costing kickoff you will compile cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of the cost proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
You will coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments, providing necessary historical data and factors in support of the basis of estimate (BOE) development. After completion of BOEs you will be participate in the development of requested cost models and volume requirements to support proposal efforts, aligning with RFP guidance and internal command media. When the proposal has been submitted you will continue to support with contracts and participate in fact-finding meetings and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
This position will require the candidate to obtain a Top Secret / SCI clearance - U.S. Citizenship required.
* Strong analytical skills and ability to read and understand requirements set forth within Request for Proposals (RFP's).
* Experience developing a cost position.
* Ability to work independently on efforts with little over site from management.
* Understand how FAR and command media shape our response to a Request for Proposal.
* Experience in estimating, working understanding of LMSSC Accounting System, and understanding of how our product is used by other business functions such as cost management, accounting, Independent Cost Evaluation (ICE), etc.
* Knowledge of FAR and SSC command media. Space Systems signature authority is a plus.
* Experience with parametric estimating techniques is desired.
* TS/SCI clearance
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Sunnyvale California
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
ESS4400 SPACE SYSTEMS COMPANY
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :