Split between New York City, the global media capital of the world, and Dublin, the fastest growing fintech hub in Europe, Wachsman serves many of the most disruptive and revolutionary blockchain companies and organizations, all leading the way in this rapidly growing billion-dollar industry.
Established in 2015, Wachsman has grown substantially over the course of the two years, building a global team of 40, expanding the service offering, and developing a client roster of over leading sixty firms, associations and projects across a wide range of industries and sectors. With a significant year ahead, Wachsman is now seeking an accomplished Account Supervisor for its New York office in downtown Manhattan. Reporting directly to an Account Director, the AS will be responsible for all aspects of day-to-day account execution. They will plan, organize and execute PR plans while developing relationships with global media. Travel to events and to meetings with technology clients may be required.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity, where you will have the chance to help shape a rapidly expanding company with a meaningful, transformative mission. Here at Wachsman, our culture is our foundation. We are strong believers in merit over tenure, and take pride in our team members who look forward to coming to work each and every day. Wachsman’s staff are its greatest asset.
● Planning and executing highly successful PR campaigns.
● Managing day-to-day internal and external communications on behalf of clients.
● Drafting, editing and reviewing press materials.
● Dealing with enquiries from press, clients, new business and external organizations.
● Issuing press releases and pitching to reporters both within the US and internationally.
● Conducting one-on-one client engagement regularly.
● Developing and maintaining relationships with influential media to secure and grow coverage.
● Conducting meetings with clients and new business.
● Managing, supporting, and training junior team members.
● Supporting the Director in the growth of the business.
Skills & Requirements:
● Minimum of 4 years recent PR agency experience conducting media relations. This is a requirement.
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
● Knowledge of finance and/or advanced technology preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to identify opportunities for clients.
● Excellent knowledge of the media landscape.
● Ability to communicate clearly and transfer complex information in a concise and clear form.
● Ability to prioritize and plan effectively.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Crisis communications experience preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams.
● Excellent interpersonal/soft skills.
● Motivated to excel in a fast-paced environment.
● Ability to maintain a high level of social, organizational and professional standards in job-related activities.