Sentry is looking for a high performing sales professional who is knowledgeable about retirement plans and aspires to lead enrollment and educational initiatives involving Sentry 401(k) plans. The Retirement Plan Education Specialists educates individuals on the advantages of participating in a retirement plan.
With high earning potential, an outstanding benefits and 401(k) program, opportunities for professional development and growth, outstanding support, an industry-leading line of products and services, and a variety of incentives and recognition, Sentry offers everything you need to carve out a Sales career filled with success and purpose.
The incumbent should reside near a major airport, San Diego, CA is a perferred location.
This is your chance to combine a rewarding career with rewarding yourself. Apply today.WHAT YOU'LL DO
You'll coordinate with plan sponsors and Sentry sales professionals in successfully leading enrollment and education services. In addition, you'll:
- Meet with individual participants to educate them on why retirement planning is important.
- Meet with plan sponsors in an effort to make sure they are properly trained on using the various systems available through Sentry.
- Educate the plan sponsor on fiduciary duties, assist with plan sponsors with understanding compliance testing /results and educate plan sponsors on legislative issues / plan design enhancements.
- Ensure that quality control measures are in place to make sure service is effective, efficient and meets specified service standards.
- Assist in managing service for large plans under the mentorship of the Retirement Plan Education Manager.
- Lead annual review process to collaborate and educate plan sponsors on investment issues, audit and testing results and potential corrective action needed to protect the tax qualified status of the plan(s).
- Generate referrals for Sentry's sales professionals.
- Bachelors' Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of retirement plan products
- Experience in the sale of retirement plan products
- Poised public speaker with proven ability to engage and present to diverse audiences of all sizes.
- Current license to sell life and health insurance products or the ability to obtain a license in a reasonable amount of time and/ or FINRA licenses where required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills are required
- Ability to meet the travel requirements of the job and maintain an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Ability to speak, write and understand Spanish and/ or another foreign language is beneficial.
- Proficient knowledge and use of PC software applications such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to successfully manage his or her own time and compete for others' time in order to drive efficiencies.
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
- Company Car
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Joe Arnold at 715/346-6263
Sentry Insurance is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, holding an A+ (superior) rating from A.M. Best. The company and its subsidiaries sell property and casualty insurance, life insurance, annuities and retirement programs for business and individuals throughout the country. Headquartered in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, Sentry employs more than 4,000 associates in 41 states. A complete list of underwriting companies can be found at www.sentry.com.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.#ASJ