Our rapidly growing Seattle office is currently looking for a senior strategist who thrives in ambiguity and loves big challenges. Working in collaboration with agency and client teams, the Senior Strategist is responsible for the development of business, brand and product strategies that achieve results. You will collect and synthesize information into customer, competitive and business environment insights, create program and strategy recommendations, and act as an advisor for clients and team members.
The Successful Candidate
You are vocal, self-motivated, team-oriented. You should be passionate about understanding human behavior and obsessed with how media, technology, creativity and design are reshaping interactions between people and brands. You are experienced in segmentation, personas, channel, message and media strategy, user flows, customer journeys and have a knack for innovation.
You have exceptional verbal and written communications skills, curiosity for information, the ability to apply quantitative and qualitative inputs and insights. You are comfortable with ambiguity and have the confidence to lead internal and external client discussions/presentations. You understand consumer technology and behavioral trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and how these things will impact the brand-consumer relationship. You will work collaboratively with other strategists, creative, analytics, research, and client leads to architect customer journeys and the design innovative digital experiences that deepen relationships between people and brands.
- Apply resourcefulness, analytical rigor and intuition to understand key moments in the brand-customer journey around which to craft more personalized experiences.
- Define the strategic brand vision and its execution across multiple projects.
- Architect experience strategies across paid/owned/earned media that leverage key insights and deliver on client objectives
- Design go-to- market strategies for new products/features grounded in thorough understanding of target audience including where, when and how they can be reached
- Write and deliver media strategies and oversee the translation of these strategies into the final media recommendations/plans
- Collaborate closely with Planning, Project Management, Creative, and Analytics to execute strategy, including rollout plan, creative asset development and measurement plan.
- Translate business objectives into marketing communication plans that drive towards client KPIs
- Partner with Analytics to develop robust testing agendas, measurement plans and review program results to ensure continued improvement of the existing programs
- Expert familiarity with all research tools, and use those tools to conduct discovery and provide synthesis and analysis on consumers, categories, brands, markets, industry trends, etc.
- Conduct experience audits and collaborate with experience designers to identify gaps and opportunities.
- BA/BS degree required. Degree in marketing or business is a plus
- CRM/Lifecycle Marketing experience and data driven mindset
- 4+ years experience in advertising, marketing, consulting, or related field
- Strong analytic skills – ability to translate data into consumable information and insights; disciplined and structured problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and comfort with ambiguity;
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate concepts
- Active listening skills, able to moderate discussions and seek out information from people at all levels of organizations
- Experience in Social Listening/Media Planning/Quantitative research preferred