The Opportunity: Driving Transformation Weber Shandwick is a world-class agency recognized by clients and industry organizations across sectors for our ability to innovate and drive business transformation. Our journey to date might surprise you. From a powerful PR base, we’ve built-in one of the world’s largest, global social agencies. Then we added Mediaco, a pioneering, award-winning content consulting and brand publishing operation. And today, we continue to lead digitally lead advertising and PR assignments for some of the world's most enduring companies and social causes.
Along the way, we’ve been validated repeatedly by Ad Age’s “A List,” creative leadership at Cannes Lions and global frontrunner status in the PR category. Yet despite our industry-leading status among marketing services agencies, we're still just getting started.
Today, we partner with brands to navigate a new reality, where individuals – and the influencers that inspire them - are in the driver’s seat; determining where time is spent, how news and information is consumed and disseminated, and how all of those elements create new means to build brands and corporate reputation. Today, we live in a world where organizations must not only follow but predict how to earn attention and engagement in a highly dynamic environment.
A New Role:
SVP, Digital Growth & Business Development
Our client’s success, as well as our own, requires a relentless focus on innovation to drive business value and growth.
- To deliver in this area, we are seeking a senior leader to strongly position Weber Shandwick with executive-level marketing, digital and technology officers selecting digital, social media and integrated agency partners.
- This individual must demonstrate a track record of winning transformational assignments and driving agency reputational shifts among key industry stakeholders. This individual is expected to be deeply connected and capable of identifying, pursuing and winning a range of strategic opportunities. Success is contingent on the ability to articulate, implement and marry knowledge of Weber Shandwick’s positioning, transformational trends and subsequent client opportunities.
Specifically, this individual will:
- Working in partnership with the global and local business development teams, establish an approach and tactical plan to revamp digital-centric proactive business development efforts, and immediately (within 3 months), apply that winning formula to redirect growth efforts.
- Proactively identify, pursue and convert net new, digital-centric retainer and project based assignments to grow our market share and net new revenue among Fortune 500 clients.
- Provide strong leadership and directly author required positioning materials, including credentials, case studies and related materials.
- Build relationships with and educate key influencers on the evolving Weber Shandwick suite of solutions, for the purposes of introducing our agency to prospects and assignments. Key influencers include but are not limited to analysts, search consultants, and technology and platform partners.
- Create and implement new partnership approaches with sister IPG agencies to strengthen Weber Shandwick’s integrated capabilities and offerings.
- Qualify & train digital new business pitch leads, to increase bench of talent available to drive opportunities.
The ideal person:
- Is proactive by nature, enjoys the thrill of pursuit, is a voracious networker and is driven by winning above all else.
- Is an involved, hands-on leader from prospect to pitch to win.
- Has an established C-level network among client-side economic buyers of digital marketing services across industry verticals.
- Has a proven track record in agency business development.
- Demonstrates deep expertise for creating strategies for agency networking, reputation building and prospect development.
- 10-15 years of experience, a majority of which is previously dedicated to agency-side business development.
- Depth of expertise in digital marketing landscape, channels and platforms.