Senior Account Manager – Food & Beverage
Henry V is the Northwest’s leading full-service communications agency specializing in live event and experiential marketing. We see events as the medium to inspire action, write the future or even change the world. Since 1978, we’ve helped top brands and leaders achieve their objectives through meaningful face-to-face experiences.
Henry V seeks to add a Senior Account Manager to our Food & Beverage team. This position is based in our Portland office and will manage CPG clients.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Summary of Position:
As a Senior Account Manager on Henry V’s Food & Beverage team, you will serve as both a strategic and tactical partner to our clients. You will report to the Director of Client Relations and will be responsible for leading the junior account team and preparing project deliverables that go above-and-beyond client expectations. The following list details key duties and functions of the role, including, but not limited to:
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as a strategic partner to your client by understanding and anticipating their needs
• Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of relevant client industries along with a passion for live events and experiential marketing
• Develop and maintain client planning calendars on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
• Align with strategic and creative teams to ensure project ideation and conceptual pitches meet client needs
• Proactively develop and propose communication solutions for your clients
• Confidently lead presentations to current and prospective clients
• Manage and mentor a team of Account Managers and Account Coordinators to ensure collaboration and successful completion of project deliverables
• Ensure timely client reporting, including but not limited to: event recaps, project budget summaries, ROI reporting and billing
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field Experience:
• 5+ years in marketing, experiential marketing, events or brand promotions in a team management capacity
• Experience with food or beverage brands (agency or brand side) preferred
General Requirements for All Henry V Positions:
• Ability to lead – confidence, preparedness, guts, diligence, energy and charisma
• Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to problem solving
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and move between projects without missing a beat
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Fiscal responsibility and accountable financial practices
• Proficiency in standard business software and technologies (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
• Deep commitment to customer service and quality
• Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
• Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
• Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
• Project management and team leadership
• Communication of duties and responsibilities to other project team members
• Occasional business travel and on-site event duties
• Sense of humor
• Valid license for inclusion on company auto insurance policy
The Bottom Line:
Salary range for this position DOE. You will receive two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holiday days; paid sick time; 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, disability and term-life policy premiums for employee; insurance benefits available for dependents which is paid by employee through pre-tax 125 cafeteria plan; FSA or HSA plans available for employee-paid co-pays/deductibles or dependent care expenses; 401k plan with employer match program; gated employee parking; company-paid cell phone; monthly company-paid outings.
Position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 30 pounds, extensive use of a computer, driving an automobile and personal automobile available for business use (mileage is reimbursed), occasional national with out-of-town stays as long as seven days (sometimes longer), non-compete agreement and non-disclosure agreement.
How to Apply:
Respond by email only with a cover letter specifying minimum salary requirement and resume. No telephone or postal inquires please.
Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.