Edelman is looking for a Copywriter to join its amazing Health & Wellness creative team, working on some of the world’s biggest and most exciting brands. Edelman is a great place to grow your talent and hone your craft. You will be challenged to push convention and your own creativity to find the most innovative ways to drive consumer behavior in today’s socially-charged, digital environment.
Edelman is a new kind of agency, at the intersection of PR, Advertising, Social, Digital, and Experiential. We blur the lines between each medium to create smart, innovative, and powerful work that gets people talking and engaging with brands in new ways. We’re passionate, unconventional and driven by a desire to do the best damn work possible. We get results for our clients and have the trophies to prove it. We also laugh a lot… and swear a little. Every day.
Who Are You?
Your love of words is borderline creepy. You stop dinner parties with the etymology of “sauté” but save the night with a six-syllable-synonym for “baste.” You believe in the Rule of Three. You’re a student of the craft. You sleep with Shakespeare, sneak off with Wallace, and pray at the altar of Strunk and White. You’re a copywriter with every fiber of your being, and we want your pens and pencils writing for us.
What We Expect
We want passion. We want excitement. We want you to wake up, get dressed, and come to the office ready to roll. It’s brainstorm day so we need your energy and insanity. But also your ideas. Especially your ideas. You’ll bounce them off your co-workers, laughing with planners, designers, art directors, creative directors, strategists, and maybe even the guy with the fedora. It depends on whether he’s got the time.
Beyond the big meetings, you’ll be a part of small meetings and medium-sized ones, too. There’s also time for you to sit at your desk, fire up the brain, and start spinning copy for social, web builds, pitch decks, scripts and more. Or less if the day is slow. Either way, we encourage you to get out and take a culinary tour of the neighborhood. Lunch, after all, is one of the three most important meals of the day.
The Copywriter is both a storyteller and conceptual cosmonaut, creating unique brand experiences through creativity and the written word. The programs you’ll work on are buzz-worthy and social at their core, though they can take any shape or form. From interactive web experiences, social activations and video content to brand manifestos, experiential programs and fancy printed materials, you’ll get to do it all. Some more specific responsibilities include:
• High-level concepting, tactical program ideation and copywriting for a wide range of brand experiences, social content and marketing deliverables that generate conversation and brand engagement
• Own the brand story for our clients across all channels, maintaining a consistent voice and vision
• Create branded social content that is insightful, culturally relevant and inherently sharable
• Successfully communicate (present and sell-in) creative ideas and the strategic rationale behind them
• Collaborate with agency team members from creative, account, production, PR, strategy, planning and analytics to produce smart, powerful work
• 2 - 4 years experience in marketing, advertising or social media
• Excellent short-form and long-form writing skills in a variety of voices and tones
• Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities
• Willingness to push your craft, get your hands dirty and make great things
• Social fluency and a solid understanding of how to drive conversation and engagement across social channels
• A natural flare for the unique, the buzz-worthy and the culturally relevant
• Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
• Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
** Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered **About Us Edelman is a leading global communications marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014; six Cannes Lions in 2015; and the Grand Prix in the Titanium category in 2016. The firm was named “2016 Global Agency of the Year” by the Holmes Report, and one of Advertising Age’s “Agencies to Watch” in 2014. In 2015, Edelman was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the fifth time. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency. Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information.
Take a peek behind the scenes of our US operation at https://edelman.us.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.