The engagement lead will bring strategic focus to each assignment and build successful client partnerships. The position requires versatility and proficiency in developing trusting client relationships, identifying digital opportunities that meet the client’s business needs, and collaborating with creative leaders to inspire work that is on-brief. The right candidate will be curious, proactive, thoughtful and exceptionally articulate. Five to seven years of previous experience in account planning, strategy or account management required.
- Lead the client relationship from kickoff through presentation of conceptual ideas, setting the foundation for a successful agency-client dynamic, and aligning expectations between the client and agency teams
- Gather and analyze marketplace context, competitive positioning and consumer insights to help develop the communications strategy
- Help develop strategic communications recommendations and plans, such as brand architecture, campaign plans, content strategy / plans, etc.
- Provide a clear framework for the creative technology opportunity through succinct, well-defined briefs and guide conceptual development to align with the strategy
- Together with creative, present agency ideas to clients; synthesize client feedback into actionable, constructive direction for the creative team
- Serve as the client’s internal advocate working in complement to agency production teams leading project execution and implementation
- Support new business development to help clarify the digital communications opportunity and define the agency’s approach to the work
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, VA. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Amazing clients and atmosphere come standard, but what you’ll love most is our close-knit team of inspiring talent, just under 40 of us in total. We’re part of a community of like-minded people in the Norfolk / Virginia Beach metro who spend our time creating great work and building culture around us—with lovely beaches, urban amenities, and family-friendly opportunities throughout the region.
You’ll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations—one at midsummer, and one at the holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more.