Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Ralph Lauren Collection, Double RL, Polo Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children s, Ralph Lauren Home, Lauren Ralph Lauren, RLX, American Living, Chaps and Club Monaco, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands. For more information, go to http ://investor.ralphlauren.com .Position Purpose and ScopeThis position is responsible for ensuring overall quality and fit for Women s Luxury Sweaters from initial proto through production. Key Responsibilities
* Prepare garments to fittings, reviewing specs and design details as submitted to factories.
* Work with team to coordinate fittings with all players in various departments. (Design, Merchandising, and Manufacturing) based upon manufacturing/production schedule dates.
* Participate in fittings (first proto through production). Advise design of all discrepancies between garment received and spec. Record all fit comments assisting designer in resolutions as needed.
* Prepare all technical specifications and comments communicate and collaborate with all departments and factories what was resolved in these fittings.
* Create and update Tech Packs, specs in Flex Plm.
* Communicate with factories resolving any questions arising from technical specs and helping to maintain designers direction and aesthetic expectation.
* Submit final approvals for production and graded specifications. Provide complete graded specs to factories.
* Anticipate and evaluate any stock issues and propose solutions.
* Keep constant flow of communication with factories and team members. Provide garment approval schedules or delays.Requirements
* College Degree in Technical Design or Pattern Making.
* Technical knowledge of sweaters, yarns, machine knitting and sweater garment construction.
* Experience fitting and correcting women s/men s garments with designers, taking all comments and preparing specs and communicating all corrections to factories.
* Travel experience to factories to approve sweaters for show samples and stocks.
* 4-8 years related or same job experience.
* Ability to work with multiple teams.Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.