As part of the Mediaco North America team the Vice-President, Commerce and Conversion is a leadership role focused on further defining and building out Weber Shandwick’s conversion-centric offerings with an emphasis on the fusing of content and commerce - mobile, social and data driven. The successful candidate will have a proven track record for building, piloting and optimizing new and emerging commerce-related offerings for cross-category clients.
- Continue to refine Weber Shandwick’s content to conversion proposition, identifying gaps and solutions to add necessary depth in areas that match opportunity in the marketplace as well as that build on our current position of strength and differentiation i.e. engagement, insights driven creative, content and social operations, etc.
- Prove out proposition through successful sell-in (new biz, organic growth) and program execution (form pilots to full scale operationalizing of client engagements).
- Work closely with Mediaco leadership and regional stakeholders to grow our capabilities in this area and determine what we own, where we partner (and with whom) and where we need build or acquire new expertise.
- Leadership of new offering including effective prioritization and pursuit of opportunities, building and managing TBD team, and advancing related partnerships, vendor relationships and thought leadership initiatives.
- Minimum of 10 years experience including 5 years of deep experience in Marketing/Product Analytics, Innovation Pilot Management, Conversion Optimization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Deep understanding of shifting landscape around direct + performance marketing craft, including best practices and emerging opportunities with respect to data, social media, mobile, search and Amazon. Deep understanding of the major platforms – Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. – and activation capabilities in general, highly desired.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with resilience to navigate a highly complex and diverse organization with an equally diverse set of clients spanning consumer, b-to-b, technology, healthcare, and beyond.
- Ability to build a POV around emerging opportunities, sell to prospective or existing clients and pull together the team and other resources (partners, vendors, tools, etc.) to successfully execute.
- Affiliate Marketing experience a strong plus
- Working knowledge and industry leading experience delivering conversion or commerce oriented digital and/or social media work for top brands/companies (DTC, B2C or B2B).