Lead Game Designer - GameHouse Canada
- Editing / Writing
- Internet/New Media
- Graphic Artist & Design
|Job Title:||Lead Game Designer - GameHouse Canada|
|Position Type (FT or PT):||
Full Time - Regular
|Area of Interest:||
Lead Game Designer
At GameHouse, we believe it’s good to game! As the largest developer, publisher, and distributor of casual games, we offer more games and more ways to play them - all across the expansive mix of channels including online, download, smartphone, tablets, and leading social networks. We also power some of the world’s most popular game destinations including www.gamehouse.com, www.zylom.com, and www.atrativa.com.
Our GameHouse Canada studio, located in spectacular Victoria B.C., is dedicated to making fun and rewarding social games that connect players with their friends and families. Our top-rated Mobile and Facebook games include GameHouse Slots, Collapse! Blast, Delicious!, and more.
We are looking for a master game designer to join our GameHouse Canada studio to build blockbuster social games on Facebook. This is an exciting opportunity someone with strong creative skills and an eye for detail to contribute to a suite of successful social games.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable working with broad variety of game types and have an exceptional grasp of game mechanics. They should be a born collaborator who loves working with a team to create great games. A successful candidate will bring a background in social, casual or MMO games along with a strong understanding of what makes games tick on Facebook.
Do you exist to game? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create game designs and work with the producer and team to implement those designers. 40%
2. Create game design documentation: GDDs, wire-frames, story boards, scripts, etc. 30%
3. Collaborate with product and business teams post-launch to analyze, optimize and enhance games. 10%
4. Perform critical analysis of other social games and researching trends in social gaming. 10%
5. Develop proposals for new games and features. 10%
• 5+ years’ experience designing games and bringing them to market.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication.
• Broad knowledge of gaming industry, trends and technologies
• Good understanding of game design principles, mechanics and virtual economies.
• Basic knowledge of computer design software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator.
• A portfolio of work including concepts, proposals, game design docs and/or prototypes.
• Experience with the Social and/or Casual gaming industry.
• A degree or diploma in Game Design, Interactive Design, Multimedia Design or equivalent experience.
• Experience with statistics and business analysis.
• Graphic design and layout skills, as it pertains to user interfaces and interactivity.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org . Candidates must be willing to relocate. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
GameHouse, a division of RealNetworks, Inc. (www.realnetworks.com), is an equal opportunity employer and supports workplace diversity.