POLITICO’s mission from the very beginning was to win the audience. We dedicate ourselves to providing accurate, non-partisan, impactful information to the right people at the right time so that they can act with confidence and speed. We experiment to avoid being disrupted and we have fun disrupting others. And we are not afraid to risk failure if it means being the best at what we do.
Our Audience Solutions team is responsible for partnering with organizations to create campaigns that will resonate with our audience. The Account Manager will be an important member of our team. We are looking for someone who is excited to grow their career in digital media to help deliver our client’s brands to the broader POLITICO audience.
What you’ll do:
- Develop media plan recommendations and assist Business Development Directors in presenting the recommendation to clients and agencies
- Oversee, monitor and optimize the performance of ongoing campaigns to ensure proper execution and delivery
- Develop and manage ongoing relationships with clients and agencies
- Support Business Development team in responding to requests from agencies and clients
- Respond to RFPs issued by media agencies and advertisers
- Create and deliver media insertion orders
- Approve invoices and manage billing schedules with clients
- Identify sales prospects and work with Sales Directors on prospect strategy
- Assist in onboarding of other Account Managers and Associates
- Assist in special projects as needed
What You'll Need:
- 1 – 1.5 years of professional experience in an advertising, public relations, or communications environment
- Passionate about digital media and media planning. Bonus points if you are passionate about politics and policy.
- Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and enthusiasm
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills, bonus points if you have experience with programs such as Salesforce or Google DoubleClick
- Ability to work well under pressure
We are driven by our values. We are relentless contributors, disruptors, collaborators, and talent cultivators. Our culture is defined by grit, total integrity, and a prioritization on innovation.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let’s keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We’d love to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.