You take charge of situations to make things happen. People sense your awesome leadership skills and are drawn to your agenda, like a moth drawn to a flame cinemagraph. You’re not afraid to talk about money, and you can make a kick-ass Powerpoint presentation. You’ve got the skills to handle client relationships like a lion tamer befriends the beast.
As an Account Manager, you will act as a liaison between clients and the agency, making sure to keep both sides happy. You know better than anyone else the inner workings of our brands. You also have a firm grasp on deadlines and can always keep everything moving in the right direction. Ultimately, you take great satisfaction in making our clients more likeable!
Roles and Responsibilities: Social media is an ever-changing field, so although you will have some routine responsibilities, your role is going to require you to adapt slightly every now and then. However, this list should give you a good idea of what your day-to-day obligations will be:
- Act as the lead client contact and maintain the day-to-day client relationship and satisfaction
- Lead all client meetings and presentations both internally and externally in order to pitch new ideas, update on current status, and report on past accomplishments
- Partner with community managers, content strategists, designers, and media planners to ensure monthly content strategies and deliverables are in place that meet client goals and objectives
- Review all materials before they go to clients for approval to ensure that a high standard of excellence and quality of work is met
- Compile and prepare client reports to highlight hits, misses, learning, and next steps; proactively identifying opportunities to exceed expectations and position clients as leaders in the space
- Lead efforts to retain clients including identifying needs, creating future plans, obtaining signed SOWs in a timely manner, etc
- Partner with Account and Creative teams to build and present comprehensive strategic approaches and campaigns that align with client goals
You should have:
- 3-5 years of experience managing clients/customers and internal teams. Agency experience is a plus.
- A diplomatic approach and the ability to build immediate rapport with anyone.
- Super-strong attention to detail. Like, superhero strong, not just regular strong.
- A problem-solver with the ability to determine solutions for client issues and changes as they arise.
- Even-tempered, proactive and positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills – up, down, and across an organization as well as with external partners and clients.