P/E-backed media and events company is looking for a Senior Accountant with the experience and initiative to take on all of its day-to-day accounting activities.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience handling all aspects of the accounting operation, everything from managing and executing the monthly close (preparing/inputting of journals, completing all account reconciliations, generating financial statements, etc.) and reconciling cash, to processing invoices and writing checks for Accounts Payable.
A few things to keep in mind before you apply:
· This is a VERY hands-on position - you will be part of a group, but will have no staff working for you specifically, so you must be someone who enjoys rolling up their sleeves
· We’ve made a lot of progress setting up processes for each function, but we’re going to look to you to continue to improve the accuracy and productivity of each accounting function
· Everyone here pitches in, so you must be comfortable with a fast-paced, “start-up” type of environment where your job description is just the beginning of what you might be asked to work on
· The company is rapidly growing in both the volume and breadth of its businesses, so adaptability is important
· We are a small, but fun finance department, so personality fit is going to be key
· 5+ years of general accounting experience
· Media industry experience required
· Solid knowledge of GAAP
· Experience handling the entire monthly close and helping to manage the annual audit (actual auditing experience would be a plus)
· Self-starter with a proven ability to work independently, communicate well, maintain confidentiality and meet all deadlines
· Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics/GP - including Management Reporter and Integration Manager - is essential
· Advanced Microsoft Excel expertise
· Experience with Concur Invoice and Expense pay systems
· Experience with ADP TotalSource payroll/benefits
· BA/BS in Accounting preferred, CPA credentials a plus
your resume along with a brief(<100 words) cover note on why you are
perfect for this job.
Start Date: ASAP