DO PRETTY PICTURES MAKE YOU HAPPY?
As an art director at The Variable, you will not be an art director. Of course you will have to art direct stuff, but you will be responsible for much more than that.
We are going to bring our clients amazing ideas…and if they aren’t willing to do them, we’re going to do them ourselves; as evidenced by the recent launch of our very own energy drink. We need someone who thinks a little differently. Someone who can art direct an award-winning ad, but also think of a gazillion dollar business idea. Someone who is constantly curious and always two steps ahead of what everyone else is thinking.
We are looking for an art director with a penchant for gigantic ideas and fantastic design skills to work on a variety of accounts from grocery to telecom to grills to healthcare to whatever the hell we decide to manufacture next (did we mention that we have a commercial screen print press in a sideroom? Cause we do).
We are looking for non-traditional thinkers. Employees who succeed at The Variable come up with brilliant ad campaigns one day and breakthrough product development ideas the next. We want someone who will find his or her place within the current team. To do that, you need be non-linear in your thinking. You need to be thick-skinned and self-starting. You need to be funny and engaging and hard working and willing to pitch in on whatever crazy opportunity pops up next. We are small by design. So we hire carefully.
Ideal candidates will have a few years of agency experience. But if your book makes us jealous, we don’t care what your resume says.YOU MUST
- Consistently deliver groundbreaking ideas.
- Actively participate in concept development sessions.
- Take complete ownership of assigned work in developing advertising concepts, products, ideas and/or services.
- Embody the values of The Variable while maintaining a positive attitude and dedication.
- Have an interest outside of advertising that your are just as passionate about as advertising (we are firm believers in work/life balance…we need to know you love something else)
- Agency experience and a track record of executing amazing ideas (traditional or otherwise).
- Included a link to your portfolio on your resume or cover letter.
- The initiative to complete assignments on time without constant pestering.
- Digital and Social Media experience.
- A degree in Communication Design, Art Direction, Graphic Design and / or a pedigree from a portfolio school (or something equally impressive).