Fashion Institute of Technology - Asst to VP Advancement/Executive Director of FIT Foundation
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The FIT Foundation, ("the Foundation"), invites applications for the position of Assistant to the Vice President for Advancement/Executive Director of the FIT Foundation.
The Assistant will report to the Vice President for Advancement/Executive Director of the FIT Foundation.
Duties will include:
- Provide confidential administrative and secretarial support services for complex assignments and high level administrative and research related support to the Vice President.
- Establish office procedures as needed and apply these to enhance administration of the office.
- Plan and arrange for meetings, prepare agendas, handle logistics; anticipate and prepare materials as needed for VP appointments.
- Handle a wide range of varied office activities independently.
- Compose and/or prepare a variety of confidential correspondence, reports and material prior to donor appointments and board meetings.
- Maintain the VP calendar. Schedule, confirm, coordinate, and follow up on commitments for meetings and presentations on and off campus as well as secure appointments with major prospects and donors.
- Handle all logistics of VP travel- both domestic and international.
- Maintain records and files for the VP, including an organized online filing system.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards relevant to Foundation activities.
- Works collaboratively throughout the college to ensure successful outcomes for the Vice President.
- Assist in budget management.
- Develop action plan to ensure tasks are completed on deadline.
- Follow up with others on assigned projects.
- Compose initial drafts for letters, memos, reports and meeting presentation materials for the VP's review, approval, and signature.
- Attend meetings with the VP and take, transcribe, and distribute minutes.
- Analyze incoming correspondence for questions requiring decision, approval, and action and provide needed background information to the VP
- Proactively identify what needs to be done to help achieve the VP's objectives.
- Research, coordinate and secure networking opportunities, speaking engagements, invitations and other high-profile activities and events for the VP.
- Special projects and assignments as directed.
Professional, confident and endearing manner needed to interact with both Foundation board members and the Board of Trustees as well as individuals of high wealth. Act in a manner reflecting the sophistication, audience and accessibility of the office of the Vice President, FIT and the Foundation.
This is a general description and is not to be construed as all-inclusive.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree required and 3-5 years experience in a fast-paced environment, assisting senior level administrators in the execution of special projects.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality necessary.
- Demonstrate a comfort with the use of technology, ability to multi-task, and function in a fast paced environment including working with deadlines. Good sense of humor as well as positive attitude needed.
- Must be able to function independently and use appropriate judgment, initiative, tact, and discretion to deal with a wide range of individuals including senior administrators.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks required for own work and of others.
- Must possess and demonstrate effective problem evaluation/solving abilities.
- Knowledge of and experience in nonprofit fundraising practices and trends.
- Strong knowledge of fashion, lifestyle and innovation brand trends, and familiarity with leaders and executives in the space.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office 2000; Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
35 hrs wk - Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the Department.
Salary commensurate with experience
Note: Occasional evening and weekend hours required
For consideration, please submit the following documents online
* Cover letter with salary history
* A list of three professional references with telephone numbers and email addresses
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu
Candidates will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Returning Applicants - Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, email@example.com.