Audience Development Analyst
Do you have a passion for data and love marketing? Adweek is looking for an analytical and creative thinker with a passion for data, marketing and media to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of internet culture and community. This role will report directly to the Director of Audience Development and will be responsible for utilizing audience data and insights to make data-informed decisions to influence audience growth, engagement and revenue.
• Performing ad-hoc analysis to answer audience and web related business questions
• Building target audience segments and profiles to support product development and revenue generating campaigns.
• Analyzing site traffic in order to surface and share insight with the editorial team about how/why stories gain audience and discover potentially trending content.
• Managing tracking reports and analysis to evaluate campaign effectiveness.
• Leading various research project initiatives, inclusive of audience surveys.
• Executing and optimizing paid traffic campaigns on search and social in collaboration with the marketing and custom teams.
Job requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Statistics with 2-plus years of related professional experience.
• Analytical mindset with a strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to present analysis and results to a non-technical audience.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage time, as well as adapt to shifting priorities.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Parse.ly/Chartbeat, Google BigQuery/SQL, and Google Data Studio preferred. Lytics or similar Customer Data Platform a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of the latest trends and best practices in SEO, social, and online media.
About Adweek: As the leading source of authoritative and essential coverage of the advertising and marketing industries, Adweek provides unparalleled access to engaged professionals at every level of the brand marketing ecosystem who rely on Adweek to help them do their jobs better. We reach over 6MM industry leaders via platforms ranging from digital to print to podcasts to events, providing insights and analysis that informs, entertains and inspires.