# Principal Responsibilities:
The Merage JCC of Orange County is looking for enthusiastic, energetic, charismatic Barre instructors. The JCCs purpose is to make all our members feel welcomed, supported, motivated, and encouraged in their goals. Instructors must take the initiative to greet, meet, and assist all members. As a Barre instructor, you will be responsible for designing and overseeing programs for classes of 5-30 students.
# Minimum Qualifications:
* Current group exercise/Barre certification
* CPR/AED/First Aid certification
* A good knowledge of exercise techniques, body mechanics, and kinesiology
* Practical experience with group exercise
* Strong customer service skills and an outgoing personality
* The ability to maintain a healthy and neat appearance
* The ability to work flexible hours (Early mornings, Evenings, Weekends, Holidays, etc.)
**_ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Motivate and encourage all members in and around the fitness center; maintain a high-level of customer service__
* Competently explain and demonstrate proper exercise form; safely correct members exercise form __
* Design and instruct Barre classes for a variety of fitness levels__
* Modify and/or progress the exercises based on the needs of the members/class__
* Take a proactive approach to member retention by developing solid relationships and serving members above and beyond expectations__
* Build class attendance and maintain good member relations through promotion of group fitness, and/or special events/promotions__
* Maintain the cleanliness and proper working order of the fitness center and equipment; report issues to supervisor__
* Attend team meetings as scheduled; work as a team member to provide coverage for absences__
* Represent the Merage JCC of Orange County in a positive and professional manner at all times__
The work environment in the fitness center is fast paced with every day being different from the next. This job requires high energy and member engagement, assisting members with equipment, answering questions, and referring to supervisor when necessary. The membership is made up of a diverse population with varying needs. Instructors must be able to work with people from all different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perception. The temperature in the fitness center is kept colder to ensure members are comfortable during exercise.
Must be able to safely lift/move up to 50 lbs. The employee will also have frequent interactions with cleaning products including, but not limited to, disinfectant wipes and spray.
**This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and incumbent will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by supervisor or other management as required. The JCC reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.**
To apply or for more information contact: Sarah West, Fitness Director ...@jccoc.org
# Agency Information:
The Merage Jewish Community Center of Orange County, California is located centrally in beautiful Irvine, Newport Beach and Newport Coast, California. The Merage JCC is located in a 220,000 sq. ft. full service modern building on the Samueli Jewish Campus. With over 3,000 family units, it has a suburban feel even though it is only 45 minutes from Los Angeles and 1 hour and 15 minutes from San Diego. The Orange County Jewish Community is home to approximately 100,000 Jews, many of whom use the J as their destination for Jewish life.
*Date Posted:* 11/20/2017
*Title:* Barre Instructor
*JCC:* Merage JCC of Orange County
*Location:* Irvine, CA