Adweek, the marketing industry's leading publication, is seeking a staff writer on its coveted brand marketing beat. Does the ever-changing world of branding interest you? This vital position covers the trends, brands and innovative executives defining today's business world. If you’ve ever wanted to dig deep on Domino’s experiments with drone delivery or find out why Tide took over the Super Bowl (no, this is not a Tide Ad), this could be the right job for you. We want a reporter who is not only able to craft an awesome lede but can get to the heart and strategy of why companies do what they do and, importantly, what that means for the businesses we cover. As a central figure in the Adweek newsroom, the brand marketing reporter will contribute to both the highly respected Adweek print magazine and Adweek.com, visited by more than 8 million readers a month.
This position is based in Adweek's headquarters in New York City.
• Covering breaking news on Adweek.com and writing frequently for Adweek magazine
• Collaborating closely with the other members of the agency and brand coverage team, along with the team editor and staffers from across the newsroom
• Covering major marketing events both in New York City and around the world
• Appearing on Adweek's podcasts and representing the publication via appearances on other news programs
• Noting and analyzing trends that are shaping the brand marketing world
• Building a strong network of brand, agency and vendor sources
• Planning and occasionally appearing in original news videos, whether live or pre-recorded
• Occasionally participating as a planner, participant and moderator at Adweek-hosted events
• Helping develop new products and initiatives to maintain Adweek's role as an industry leader in innovative journalism
• Minimum 2-5 years of writing and reporting on marketing, advertising or related fields
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
• Strong understanding of the brand marketing world
• Proficient in AP style, grammar and narrative storytelling
To apply, please attach your resume, cover letter and a minimum of three strong, applicable articles previously published under your byline.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor's
Required experience: 2-5 years writing and reporting