ABOUT THE POSITION:
Boston Community Capital (BCC) is seeking a dynamic Communications and Marketing Coordinator to play a key editorial role in raising the organization s profile as a national innovator in the nonprofit impact investing space. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Investor Relations & Communications team and BCC s leadership and staff across multiple business lines to draft and edit internal communications as well as externally-focused editorial content for print, digital or social media marketing efforts, including e-newsletters, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn content, and other communications and marketing support to BCC leadership.
This role will actively support an organizational rebranding, as well as website revamp, while also interfacing PR agency partners for media relations. Additionally, this role serves as partner with the Investor Relations and Communications coordinator in maintaining relationships with BCC s external constituents, including investors and donors, partner organizations, potential clients, influencers, and policymakers.
ABOUT BOSTON COMMUNITY CAPITAL:
We are a national nonprofit organization dedicated to building healthy communities where low-income people live and work. Since 1985, BCC has invested over $1.4 billion in projects that provide affordable housing, good jobs, and new opportunities in low-income communities, connecting these neighborhoods to the mainstream economy. BCC has leveraged over $7 billion in public and private investment in underserved communities nationwide. Through several distinct business lines, BCC reinvigorates communities in many ways, such renovating commercial real estate in distressed neighborhoods, introducing solar power to help contain energy costs of low-income families, providing financing for home owners facing foreclosure, and financing community health centers as well facilities that house child care, youth programs, charter schools and other organizations that provide essential social services.
As BCC expands it reach and profile nationally and grows its portfolio, we are undergoing a comprehensive rebranding and renaming effort to better position ourselves for another three decades of growth.
BCC s groundbreaking work has been featured in The New York Times, The Boston Globe, The Chronicle of Philanthropy, The Nation, US News and World Report, The Huffington Post, The Los Angeles Times, The Economist, and The Christian Science Monitor, and on NPR s All Things Considered, PBS NewsHour, CBS Evening News, MSNBC s All In with Chris Hayes, and Fox News.
Although BCC operates nationally, the organization s headquarters is located in the Dudley Square neighborhood of Boston. To learn more about BCC, visit www.bostoncommunitycapital.org.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator has both strategic and tactical responsibility for ongoing marketing and communications activities, by driving the writing, copy editing and proof reading of informative, accurate and persuasive marketing collateral, newsletters and client communications, multimedia and social media content, correspondence and executive communications as needed.
This role will also be responsible for collaborating on and then executing on a content marketing strategy including management of various social media accounts and assets and oversight of external vendors and agencies that support communications, PR and media relations efforts.
Marketing materials will include, but are not limited to:
- Annual reports and other print publications
- The website, social media and other online communications
- Internal communications
- Media relations and PR materials including news releases, briefing sheets
- Customer and partner outreach for the SUN Initiative and other business units
- Supporting or leading development of communications from the CEO, senior management, or staff, to our diverse external constituent base, including investors, donors, borrowers, board members, policy makers, peer organizations and community partners.
- Monitoring of media coverage, analyzing and reporting to internal stakeholders
PR and media relations efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Media briefing sheets
- PR campaign strategies from initial ideation to final execution
- Development of news releases, fact sheets, speakers bios
- Liaising with reporters from, trade, regional and national media outlets
- Help coordinate crisis communications/reputation management as needed
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will be able to juggle multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines with attention to detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Marketing and Editorial Content: (60%)
- Working with Chief Communications Officer and her team, help develop and execute a communications strategy that effectively demonstrates BCC s mission and impact investing, particularly in the areas of community development lending, solar energy and sustainability, and foreclosure relief.
- Draft and execute a range of social media and marketing editorial content (print/digital) as part of an overall integrated communications strategy: remarks, collateral, web content, social media, correspondence, blog posts, etc. Maintain content and editorial calendars and style guides.
- Actively support organizational rebranding and website overhaul, including content audit, review and revision as needed, as well as ongoing maintenance of various social media accounts.
- Develop news releases, media briefing sheets for PR efforts.
- In tandem with the Investor Relations and Communications Coordinator, provide ongoing marketing support for business development in various business lines, including tracking of BCC s community sponsorships and donations.
- In tandem with the Investor Relations and Communications Coordinator, oversee the maintenance of a bank of borrower case studies, contact information, and materials for media pitches and marketing activities.
- Monitor, measure, analyze and report web traffic and media coverage, maintaining database of articles in Salesforce.
- Investment Communications: (25%)
- As needed, work with Investor Relations and Communications and operations teams, as well as senior management to provide strategic and tactical support for BCC s relationships with external constituents, especially investors and donors.
- Respond to inquiries from foundation and endowments, individual donors and others.
- Help develop and coordinate production of effective reporting to funders and support compliance and other departments in the completion of regulatory forms and questionnaires from rating agencies.
- Assist in writing and editing of grant applications and investor reports as needed.
- Support processing of investor renewals and process new investments and donations, leveraging the Salesforce customer relationship management platform
- Internal Communications: (10%)
- Assist in development and deployment of internal communications strategy and actively participate in BCC, Loan Fund and SUN staff meetings as appropriate to identify potential communications / PR needs.
- Other duties as needed (5%)
Bachelor s degree and 1-3 years of experience in communications, business development, fundraising, investor/donor relations, marketing, or related field. Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and familiarity with social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram) required; experience with Salesforce, SharePoint and related tools preferred; experience with InDesign, Publisher, Illustrator, Photoshop and Drupal (or other CMS platforms) a plus.
The successful candidate will bring many if not all of the following qualifications and attributes:
- Demonstrated writing, editing and verbal communications skills across platforms and formats, ability to adhere BCC style guides and ability to write in a variety of voices
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Well-organized, flexible and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and complete them within tight deadlines.
- Strong project management/integrated content management skills for: PR, website, blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and other platforms; understanding of grant proposal development.
- Knowledge of and commitment to best practices in marketing communications, corporate communications.
- Awareness of policy and trends affecting impact investing and community development; knowledge of national and regional news and political developments and their economic and social impact on the mission of BCC and the communities we serve.
- Familiarity with U.S. financial and banking system, the role of community development finance, wealth and asset management, and venture capital sectors strongly preferred.
- Experience with MS Office, demonstrated experience with various social media platforms required. User experience, content management systems, Salesforce, InDesign, Publisher, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Drupal strongly preferred.
Additional Abilities and Skills:
- Commitment to the BCC mission: Helping to build healthy communities where low-income people live and work
- 3 to 4 years of hands-on marketing communications experience, design/HTML familiarity a plus
- A positive, can-do and entrepreneurial attitude aligned with organizational culture
- Deductive reasoning, advanced analytical skills and computer skills.
- Both tactical and strategic: detail-oriented and able to see the big picture.
- Empathy and ability to work with diverse communities and stakeholders.
- Initiative, sound judgment, ability to collaborate and lead by persuasion.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of Boston Community Capital s scale. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as generous vacation and employer contributions to a retirement account.
HOW TO APPLY:
The position is open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Susan Rivers, Chief Communications Officer.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Boston Community Capital cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
Boston Community Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Boston Community Capital is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.Boston Community Capital
At the intersection of downtown and community
Website | Facebook | Twitter