We are looking for a full time Designer / Art Director hybrid to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is someone with stellar design chops that knows they can take on some art director duties as well (ex: concepting, being on set, etc.) Quirk Creative is an award-winning, WBE-certified advertising agency specializing in video-based campaigns. Our capabilities span live action, motion graphics, and VR/AR for social, digital, and broadcast channels.
You will be responsible for:
- Working directly with our creative director and other creative team members to develop original concepts, campaigns and commercials for our clients. We strive for big ideas that drive real results for our clients.
- Working with our creative director to lead the creation of the campaign ecosystem – including graphic assets, video assets and other social/digital/broadcast assets. You should be comfortable leading how a campaign lives on different channels.
- Ensuring the overall visual aspects of our campaigns and commercials are engaging, consistent and the selling message is clear throughout all related content.
- Working with the new business team on building presentation materials and other client-facing materials.
- Providing art direction on set, including setting the tone for prop and wardrobe stylists.
- Conducting ongoing design and brand trend research for our clients, and always bringing fresh ideas to the table.
- Have 2-6 years’ experience in a creative position (agency experience is a plus, but not at a requirement – our team members come from diverse backgrounds)
- Be fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator (and whatever other tools you need to craft killer designs)
- Love to come up with big ideas
- Have a strong aesthetic sense with an ability to mold your designs to different brands and objectives
- Have strong storytelling skills and craft visually compelling stories under sometimes tight deadlines
- Be hungry to get your hands dirty in all facets of advertising
- Be excited to work in a small team where you have tons of responsibility and room to grow. We are not your typical agency and don’t intend to ever be!
- And you should be an absolute self-starter with a get-the-job-done mentality
- Storyboard – a plus!
About Quirk Creative
We believe in a lean team, autonomy, and quick-to-market creative ideation and execution that keeps up with today’s always-on, always-evolving advertising landscape. And, as our name suggests, we believe in owning and celebrating differences. Our clients, ranging from startups like Ava Women to Fortune 500s like Western Union, dig our fresh approach.
- Our offices are in the amazing Industry City—the heart of creative thinkers and doers in Sunset Park, Brooklyn which boasts coffee shops, mini golf, art exhibits, restaurants, a gym, and chocolate factories (yes, plural).
- Unlimited vacation days
- Medical & dental plans – 50% coverage by Quirk
- 401(k) plan, % matching after 1 year of employment
- Industry City gym membership
- Commuter reimbursement
How to apply: Candidates should provide an online link to their portfolio. Cover letters required, and video cover letters encouraged! Please send materials to email@example.com