We are looking for a person that likes the idea of serving the church, learning, hustling, teamwork and a bit of sarcasm. We are looking for someone with a digital marketing background who is hungry to be challenged and grow. This position can and will scale in responsibility and influence very quickly in this growing organization.
If you are looking for a paycheck, a chance to build your resume, and want to clock out at 5pm sharp this is not for you.
If you are looking for a chance to do something meaningful with your skills and passions, if you value flexibility and trust, if you want to get better every day, if you want to work with people you like, and if you want to be swimming in responsibility from day 1 this is your dream job.
What will you be doing?
- Implementing modern growth strategies: rapid experimentation and iteration for the purpose of the best channels and tactics in terms of ROI
- Evaluating every step of the funnel to see how growth can occur
- Strategize, create, implement and optimize monthly, quarterly and yearly multi-channel digital marketing plans to drive acquisition, retention and brand awareness
Details: Growing ecommerce, paid subscription, events, brand, and more.
- Create and manage product launch campaigns
- Create and manage automated conversion funnels
- Create and manage inbound marketing campaigns
- Manage weekly ecommerce marketing
- Oversee channels: email / podcast / youtube / instagram / pinterest / twitter / FB / SEO / live events
- Review analytics weekly and monthly to identify areas for optimization; provide detailed reporting
- Experimenting with organic vs paid acquisition
- Onboarding subscribers / subscriber education
- Subscriber retention
- Subscriber follow up (suspended/canceled members)
- Intangibles: self starter, team player, learner, detail-oriented, measurement focused, passionate, humble
- 3+ years digital marketing / growth experience preferred
- Understanding of email marketing, including list management, segmentation, nurturing campaigns and ROI
- Focus on and understanding of using analytics to drive growth
- Strong grasp of two or more of the following tools: Hubspot, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Google Ads / SEO
- Good communication and writing skills preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills, and well organized
- Minor HTML knowledge / technical savvy preferred
- Basic understanding of inbound marketing
The goal is simple: Help youth workers focus on what only they can do: investing in relationships with students, parents and volunteers.
The founders, Doug Fields and Josh Griffin, have a collective 50+ years in full-time youth ministry. They are the most well known writers, speakers and thought leaders for youth ministry in North America.
Each member of our team bleeds the mission of serving this group of people because each of our lives have been changed by a youth pastor/small group leader, and each of us either currently or previously have served in youth ministry in some capacity.
Each team member is incredibly skilled and fiercely driven, but we take greater pride in the laughter, friendship, and trust we all share and value.
By the numbers:
DYM has been around for almost 4 years. It has been completely bootstrapped since day 1.
Right now DYM serves about 15,000 youth pastors monthly, primarily in the US and Canada.
There are 7 full time people on the team and a number of part-time.