Digital Media Specialist
Job No: 492821
Work Type: Staff Full-time
Department: Communications and Public Affairs
Location: Wilf Campus, 500 West 185th Street, NY, NY
The Digital Media Specialist reports to the Digital Media Manager in the Office of Marketing and Communications. The individual will support the University's video, photo, and audio needs for Yeshiva University undergraduate and graduate admissions, schools and programs. The Specialist will work closely with the Communications design, digital media, and writing teams to produce digital content that helps meet University Marketing and Communication goals. The Specialist will be required to work occasional evenings and Sundays.
• Develop/storyboard, pitch, research and implement short-form videos, photo essays, and podcasts generating creative ways to tell stories, explain concepts/research, highlight students and faculty, and promote events.
• Edit digital content using video and photo sources to be published on the University’s social media platforms.
• Plan and execute small and large-scale photo/video shoots, working with University partners and team members to scout locations, create shot lists and storyboards, work with art direction and scripts, and secure all permissions.
• Create motion graphic videos as needed by the university.
• Process requests for photography and video in multiple capacities.
• Archive and manage photo, video, and audio files appropriately.
• Maintain production equipment to ensure organization and proper working order.
• Film interviews, events, lectures and b-roll as needed.
• Participate in video production shoots in varied roles.
• Proactively develop and produce video and photo solutions.
• Record and edit podcasts.
• Maintain knowledge of current and next-gen technologies and production solutions.
Experience & Educational Background:
• Must possess a bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in education.
• Production experience in motion graphics, news, or documentary work preferable.
Skills & Competencies:
• The ability to work under quick deadlines.
• A thorough technical and creative understanding of audio, video and photo production needs.
• 2+ years of working with Adobe Creative Cloud in a professional manner. Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop a must.
• Availability to work late hours and occasional weekends as necessary.
• The ability to anticipate schedules and timetables for audio, video, photo production.
• Excellent organizational skills, especially managing a wide variety of projects, schedules, and clients.
• A tendency to think outside the box and be creative.
• The ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
• Familiarity with technology in the digital media industry.
• Familiarity with social and emerging media.
• Motion graphics skills and podcasting experience preferred.
• Familiarity with Jewish community or higher education a plus.
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University’s retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and have access to a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1312107
Yeshiva University is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.