AdAction Interactive is seeking a highly driven individual to join our ever-growing organization as a Director of an exciting new product development team. We’re looking for someone to serve as the cornerstone and leader of a new team of developers that will drive innovation and technology solutions to our existing and future business processes; including tools to facilitate increased efficiency and execution within our organization.
As a Director, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
You have a proven track record of quality improvement and innovation in a tech development leadership role. You bring deep knowledge of best practices and tooling for quality engineering. You must be capable of independently defining requirements, producing a high-level and detailed design from those requirements, and implementing and testing the associated software. You should be capable of innovative, creative, and independent strategies to produce high quality technology solutions.
- Lead the technical direction of all development projects from design concept to completion.
- Translate business goals into usable products.
- Identify and recommend where new technologies may be incorporated to drive efficiencies for the business.
- Perform all traditional development activities, such as analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation.
- Recruit and develop a team of developers with a well-rounded skill set that meets the needs of the business’ project initiatives
- Coordinate project resources between teams based on project timelines and project resource requirements.
- Manage and coordinate developer teams and resources on a day to day basis to achieve various tech initiatives to be completed in a timely organized manner.
- Own implementation activities, including training internal teams on new product features and functionality.
- Be the strategist that solves problems related to integrations, APIs, and disparate data sources.
- Facilitate collaboration and enhance communication with Marketing, Sales, Ad Operations, HR, Finance, and Product Management.
- Provide timely communication to the senior management team about Engineering activities.
- You’ve had experience building, working with and leading a global team of engineers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field; Master’s Degree a plus
- 7+ years leading software development teams
- Proven ability to work globally, both creating and managing international teams
- Visionary team leader who is self-driven and able to work independently
- Ability to provide oversight, guidance and review work performed by others
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skill required.
- Highly technical individual, experience with Java, PHP, Python, and Ruby are a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to breakdown complex information into understandable and actionable items.
- Excellent quantitative data analysis and critical-thinking skills
- Experience utilizing data analysis tools: AWS Kinesis Suite, Tableau, Excel, etc.
- Ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Preferred experience working with the following data related services: PostgresQL, Heroku, RedShift, S3
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
AdAction celebrates individuality and we value each other’s hard work by celebrating with exciting activities, lavish happy hours, complimentary meals, and seasonal sports. We offer a flexible work schedule, including generous PTO, and a benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance and up to 6% 401k matching. Starting salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.