Director of Integrated Strategy Opportunity
The Escape Pod agency is seeking an integrated strategy leader to help us build out a modern, dynamic planning discipline for continued momentum and growth at our indie Chicago-based agency.
This new role is for someone who brings an investigative, resourceful approach to uncovering consumer insights and inspiration for providing ‘how to cast the creative idea’ in various platforms.
A successful candidate will be passionate about bringing new, fresh ways to solve our clients’ business and brand problems. They should be obsessed with digging into data, analytics, and various forms of research to support the agency’s strategic recommendations.
- Provide strategic guidance across agency roster and active
new business schedule
- Strong understanding of 360 channel planning and practice across the spectrum of integrated consumer touch points ~current and emerging~ for anchoring creative ideas with the customer journey in mind and driving integrated brand communication and activation
- Resourceful and inventive in scrappy, innovative research tactics for obtaining direct consumer and category information, as well as traditional testing methods
- Ability to analyze research data for translating it into coherent strategy for inspiring the best possible creative solutions to the client’s business problem
- Be skilled in creative brief writing that cuts through the bullshit and simplifies
- Develop agency strategy and research philosophy, discipline and methodology best practices
- Liaise with clients for quickly gaining a clear understanding of their brand visions and business objectives to address evolving needs and guide them forward
- Stay on top of industry changes and deliver on thought leadership to ensure our agency and clients are always ahead of the curve
- Mentor and guide strategy team
- Strong, insight-based POV to steward the creative throughout the entire creative development process
- Be the voice of the consumer and client for collaborating with the integrated team
- Ability to wear many hats - researcher, marketing strategist, brand strategist, communications strategist and creative
- Comfortable with both the boardroom and getting in the weeds on research
When applying, please include and be prepared to discuss work samples or a portfolio that demonstrate:
- The ability to draw on many different sources of insight and knowledge to weave together a strong creative brief and narrative
- Solid skills in brand and business strategy, insights and research report writing, as well as communications planning
About The Escape Pod Chicago
Founded in 2006, The Escape Pod is an independent, Chicago-based creative powerhouse known for category-changing work that drives results for clients such as Fireball, Merrick Pet Care, EGO Power+, SKILSAW, Mondelēz and Toys”R”Us.
In 2017, The Escape Pod formed The Escape Pod Group by expanding its integrated capabilities in partnership with content+post production studio Gravity Well and experiential production agency, OutCold. The Escape Pod Group is purpose-built to deliver breakthrough ideas with speed, agility and cost-savings for clients. We combine creative firepower with full-service capabilities across creative, digital, social and experiential marketing. Learn more at www.theescapepod.com.