WANTED: Director Of Marketing (Customer Monetization and Retention)
St Paul Research, the premiere division of Agora Financial located in Baltimore, MD, is looking for a Director of Customer Monetization and Retention to oversee the company’s customer monetization and retention efforts.
Their company is growing at an astounding pace. Every day they’re adding hundreds of new, paid subscribers to their readership base (slating them as the fastest growing division of the Agora Companies).
They’re looking for a motivated “needle-mover” that can develop a vision for their customer journey and manage a marketing team to make it happen. Are YOU the one that can help them grow a relationship with their readers to increase lifetime value?
With tremendous acquisition growth also comes your unlimited upside for personal incentives. As the Director of Customer Monetization you’ll be in control of your own financial destiny with the easy ability to make a comfortable 6-figure salary.
Oh, and if professional growth and long-term job stability is what you’re after…
You’ll be joining a fast-moving, but professional team at Agora, with decades of lessons learned in the financial publishing industry. Plus you’ll be able to enjoy a vibrant company with a “start-up” feel. If you want to be part of brand new growth opportunities and build the team of your dreams, this is it.
The ideal candidate will possess demonstrated marketing acumen with experience in digital marketing and a direct response environment. Here’s the fine print…Responsibilities
- Manage a team of marketers.
- Know (and learn) their customer’s wants and desires, to increase lifetime value.
- Build and maintain working relationships with publishers, other marketing directors, advertisers, strategic partners, copywriters and other vendors.
- Conceive, develop, and implement innovative marketing strategies to grow and retain publication subscribers.
- Measure, analyze and optimize marketing campaign data and prepare recommendations
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders including copywriters, sales, editorial and web teams to deploy marketing efforts.
- Develop and grow “monetization” lists for social media, SMS, push notifications and more...
- Execute tests and provide analysis/recommendations to continuously improve the customer experience and drive sales.
- Collaborate with Customer Acquisition Director and media buyers for planning and budgetary controls of all digital and print marketing. Primary responsibility is to communicate data and ensure positive ROI that meets company’s goals and targets.
- Knowledge and understanding of Agora systems is a HUGE plus.
- Demonstrated marketing and advertising expertise is a must. A focus in web or email marketing is preferred.
- A strong desire to grow a “tribe” customer base using a variety of online and offline outlets.
- Familiarity with email, affiliate, SEO, display, social, (CPM/CPC/CPA/CPV) and other marketing tactics is a must
- The ability to discern great marketing copy from the mediocre is recommended
- A leader and team-builder with a passion for working with creative people is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss new technical concepts and schedule tradeoffs with technical employees.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-moving, multi-project environment
The ability to clearly articulate and present strategies, recommendations and results to team members is required. Strong management skills with a proven ability to drive projects to successful completion is required.
An understanding of the digital ecosystem and how web, email, social, search and e-commerce channels work together to optimize behavior, acquisition and sales is encouraged.
This position requires an individual with creative, data-driven, entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional writing, communication/presentation and influence skills.
If you’re looking to take your marketing career to the next level. With the ability for huge upside both professionally and personally. Let’s talk.
About Agora Financial
Agora Financial provides independent economic and alternative health ideas to help everyday folks live a more independent, healthy and wealthy life. They publish these ideas through print and online publications.
Agora Financial is all about "fat-tail" ideas.
Everyone on the team needs to be OK with continuous testing. Which means they also need to be OK with failing. At AF, failing = learning. And the minute you stop taking chances, shaking things up, and exploring new ideas is the minute you fall behind.
They believe in putting in the hard work, and pushing one another. They believe that personal growth and development of individuals is only a small piece of the pie. And that the real wins are higher quality products for subscribers, and success for the team at large.