WARNING: Reading this job description may cause you to change your life and embark on a career with tremendous satisfaction and meaning. Proceed with caution.
We’re Eargo and we’re on a mission….to disrupt and transform the hearing health industry, forever! If disrupting is not something you’re looking for, we suggest you move on to the next job posting. We’re looking for those passionate individuals who jump out of bed in the morning dreaming of new ways to improve the lives of our customers while eating their corn flakes riding their unicycles to work catching Pokémon’s. So, you guessed it, we’re a different sort.
We’re tech geeks and dreamers. We don’t believe in the status quo. We believe that every voice is unique and every idea is worth talking about. Moreover, we believe in passion and having fun. Because it takes passion to change the world and if you have passion in what you’re doing, you naturally have fun doing it. But, we do have a serious side. Over 48 million Americans currently experience hearing loss and 80% of them do nothing about it. Their denial has many different shades, but more often than not it’s related to social stigma. We at Eargo find that un-cool! And that’s why we exist….to give people their hearing without the social stigma so that they can go on being the cool person they are. That’s why we get out of bed in the morning and we take that seriously.
Does this sound like a place you want to work? Well, you’re in luck. We’re looking for some great minds to join us on our journey.
We are searching for an awesome Director of TV/Broadcast Media to join our Marketing team. This role requires a television marketer who can work both sides of the TV marketing fence including strategy, planning, production, media planning, campaign delivery, media management, and reporting. If that isn’t a mouthful, this role is also responsible for the propagation and monitoring of our brand.Think you’ve got what it takes, well, here’s some more to consider:
Location: Mountain View, California (or working remotely from Los Angeles with regular site visits to Mountain View)
This is what you’ll be doing:
• Lead the strategy, creation & execution of effective broadcast and video marketing campaigns that are in-line with the company objectives
• Customer acquisition through our broadcast/video channels (incl digital and social channels)
• Develop marketing plans and forecasts including KPI metrics such as reach, spend, ROAS, awareness and acquisition
• Lead, in partnership with external producers and agencies, the creative development, writing, production, and editing of TV spots and potentially short-form infomercials
• Be a creative marketing leader with the ability to innovate with how Eargo communicates with consumers
• Partner with internal and external key stakeholders to articulate a vision and development a marketing messaging roadmap for a testing and learning to drive the overall business
• Work with our internal creative team and external agencies to produce television commercials and other video content for distribution
• Manage day-to-day relationships with external agency partners to identify and secure inventory that has exceptional value for reaching our consumer target
• Maintain knowledge of new and emerging media and technologies to continually enhance campaign execution
• Manage the execution of marketing campaigns in partnership with internal creative, sales, call center, online and PR teams
• Develop creative briefs and provide feedback/direction in subsequent creative reviews
• Analyze campaign and brand performance collaborating with external research partners and in-house BI and analytics teams
This is what we’re looking for:
• BA degree in Marketing or related field: MBA is a plus
• Must have television production and media optimization experience
• Agency experience is preferred
• 10+ years of hands-on experience developing and executing broadcast creative marketing campaigns for a direct to consumer brand
• The ideal individual for this role has a strong background in both the art and science of marketing - equal parts strategic, creative and operational, and can work in a highly collaborative environment to produce data-driven results
• Proven track-record of developing successful TV campaigns, including unique DRTV “hook”, on a national scale
• A Can-Do attitude
• Passion for business and not satisfied with status quo – always thinking of ways to improve/grow our business
• Ability to think about the end user of the product, how to help them best understand the key messaging and call to action, and arrange the information hierarchy accordingly
• Stay on top of industry trends and share them with the team
• Ability to set, manage and meet deadlines • Have an entrepreneurial spirit and excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Does this sound like your type of challenge? If so, let’s talk.
Eargo is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock options.