Michelle Stuhl & Company, Inc. is a global retained executive search firm specializing in recruiting creative and business talent for executive positions.
We are working with Beautycounter, led by visionary CEO Gregg Renfrew, on an incredible opportunity for a Director, Social Media Strategy. Beautycounter is a disruptor in the beauty and skincare categories, committed to providing high quality safer formulas that will revolutionize this industry. The brand is three years old with significant investor backing.
As part of the Marketing Department, the Director is a leader and creative thinker who must possess a deep understanding of social media channels to ensure the Beautycounter brand is cohesively presented through web channels and aligned with marketing strategies.
The Director will oversee a community manager and collaborate with Chief Creative Officer, Julia Leach, formerly of Media Arts Lab/Apple, Wieden + Kennedy and Kate Spade, and Sharyn Belkin Locke, Vice President, Creative Director, formerly of Hourglass Cosmetics and John Paul Mitchell Systems, to create and drive content for all Beautycounter’s social platforms.
The position is located at the company headquarters in Santa Monica, CA.
If interested and appropriate, please submit a current resume to email@example.com.
The successful candidate will develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy to increase web traffic and promote brand awareness. The Social Media Strategist will have outstanding multi-tasking skills to handle all of our social media accounts in a cohesive manner. The ideal candidate will have a creative way of thinking and presenting our brand through multiple social media channels. Ultimately, the goal of the position is to ensure our company web presence is aligned with our marketing strategies.
• Administer all company social media accounts and ensure up-to-date content.
• Create development plans for online content based on user needs and marketing goals; identify content gaps and make recommendations.
• Design social media strategies to achieve marketing targets.
• Manage, create and publish original, high quality content.
• Employ creative research techniques in order to understand and analyze online data; provide insight about significant online conversations.
• Partner with writers and designers to ensure content is informative, relevant and eye catching.
• Collaborate with Marketing and Product development teams to create exciting and informative social ‘buzz’ regarding new product launches.
• Manage company communication; respond to queries, get reviews, and organize chats.
• Develop realistic budgets, media, content, and timetables.
• Prepare monthly reports regarding web traffic and ROI.
• Monitor SEO and user engagement and recommend content optimization.
• Communicate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network.
• Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy.
• Stay current with social media best practices and new digital technologies.
• Monitor the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies; provide recommendations as far as leveraging new tools and services
• Conduct competitive site analysis and benchmarking in content breadth, organization, and presentation.
• Monitor and analyze online media and other relevant digital communication channels.
• Compile data across several social media platforms and create monthly reports.
• Track progress, execution, and consistency of social advertising campaigns.
• Proven work experience as a Social Media Strategist or Social Media Manager.
• Hands on experience using social media for brand awareness.
• Deep understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics.
• Possess keen ability to identify target audience preferences and build content to meet them.
• Familiarity with web design and publishing.
• Outstanding multitasking skills.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Degree in Marketing or relevant field.
• Interest in and aptitude for developing social media and content strategy solutions.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a strategist in a creative agency or digital agency environment.
• Possesses understanding of Social advertising campaign management and optimization practices across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
• Skincare experience a plus.